Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Storm King's Thunder Official Bug Thread

Oh my god. The new patch just repositioned all the baddies for the Triboar attack that we were in the middle of playing. Oh well, teaches me to read the patch notes before updating. Any way of reverting the position of the tokens back to the location that we had in the middle of our battle prior to the patch update?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thepurplehand said: Oh my god. The new patch just repositioned all the baddies for the Triboar attack that we were in the middle of playing. Oh well, teaches me to read the patch notes before updating. Any way of reverting the position of the tokens back to the location that we had in the middle of our battle prior to the patch update? We can likely do a campaign rollback. I'll double check to make certain. When did you patch the campaign?
I updated few hrs ago around 5 pm eastern.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thepurplehand said: I updated few hrs ago around 5 pm eastern. If you check back, we rolled back your game to early morning of the 17th before you patched it.
It worked! Thank you Kristin.

Edited 1480006110
Hey I noticed in the book PG 131, it says "The great river" refers to the Dessarin River.  It's actually incorrect.  It's suppose to be the Surbrin River.  If it was the Dessarin River the "eastern arms" would be northern arms.  Also if you were traveling south of the All Father point which is what it's referencing it would be the Surbrin River you would be following not the Dessarin.  The eastern arm would be an off shoot of one the Surbrin Rivers.
I think part of the adventure is missing, under Duvessa Shane’s Quest in chapter 2. After you find and talk with Osk Thunderhale about the Dancing Wave and him seeing a ship as big as a mountain. You can set sail with Osk to find out about the dancing wave or the large ship. but the adventure stops when you get on Osk's ship to set sail. It has nothing on what happened to the Dancing Wave or the ship as big as a mountain.
Dillon James said: I think part of the adventure is missing, under Duvessa Shane’s Quest in chapter 2. After you find and talk with Osk Thunderhale about the Dancing Wave and him seeing a ship as big as a mountain. You can set sail with Osk to find out about the dancing wave or the large ship. but the adventure stops when you get on Osk's ship to set sail. It has nothing on what happened to the Dancing Wave or the ship as big as a mountain. That's missing from the book itself as well, so you'll probably need to address Wizards of the Coast. Personally, I'm planning on having my players run into an Aboleth (swimming underneath the ship) that captains a normal sized ship filled with slaves (made to seem bigger and more intimidating with an illusion). The Aboleth raids and destroys skips, enslaving survivors and taking their treasure. He's been tasked by Slakerthal to locate the Ring of Winter for reasons, and interrogating any slaves he makes about it, but he's in no rush. Inirva Coldwater is one of the slaves, and if the players manage to free her, she offers to captain the new ship (since the dancing moon was destroyed) and give the players transportation, plus some random magic item for saving her. 
Ok, Thank you Mend
Character sheets won't update damage and/or attack. Something I'm doing or anyone else having the same problems?
The Hill Giant statblock has Stealth +6 for some reason, Faily sure it's supposed to, I can't find it anywhere in the book and the monster manual version has no stealth proficiency
I was just reviewing the One Stone map, and found that the 20 tribal warriors on the DM layer are scaled so small, it's impossible to drag them around within clicking on the scaling corners. I get that all the burial mounds are 50' square maps, but scaling the tokens down that far is just ridiculous.  Perhaps if UI elements didn't scale with zoom it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but that's a discussion for another forum.
Gid
Roll20 Team
PDtabletop GM said: The Hill Giant statblock has Stealth +6 for some reason, Faily sure it's supposed to, I can't find it anywhere in the book and the monster manual version has no stealth proficiency That would be a data entry mistake. It shouldn't be +6 Stealth. Andrew said: I was just reviewing the One Stone map, and found that the 20 tribal warriors on the DM layer are scaled so small, it's impossible to drag them around within clicking on the scaling corners. I get that all the burial mounds are 50' square maps, but scaling the tokens down that far is just ridiculous.  Perhaps if UI elements didn't scale with zoom it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but that's a discussion for another forum. That was unintentional. We'll fix this for the next patch. Thank you for catching that! For the time being, if you right click on a token to bring up its Token options menu you can manually set the dimensions of the token back to 1x1 units.

Edited 1481150041
Kristin C. said: That was unintentional. We'll fix this for the next patch. Thank you for catching that! For the time being, if you right click on a token to bring up its Token options menu you can manually set the dimensions of the token back to 1x1 units. Cool, thanks.  Also a Uthgardt Barbarian Leader was pulled out on the One Stone map instead of an Uthgardt Shaman.

Edited 1481460132
I have a sneaking suspicion this might not belong here... Is there any way to remove "has sight" from all the tokens without having to select them all individually and switch off the sight? It's likely a personal preference but I prefer having it off so that I can see more clearly what the players can see (to help me describe what they see more appropriately), I find that with creatures all having "has sight" it's hard to figure out if players can see things or not. P.S. Awesome work on the module... can't wait for more!

Edited 1481460997
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Francesco said: I have a sneaking suspicion this might not belong here... Is there any way to remove "has sight" from all the tokens without having to select them all individually and switch off the sight? It's likely a personal preference but I prefer having it off so that I can see more clearly what the players can see (to help me describe what they see more appropriately), I find that with creatures all having "has sight" it's hard to figure out if players can see things or not. P.S. Awesome work on the module... can't wait for more! You can do it with TokenMod while having the tokens selected (this is token-specific, so you have to do this on every page). !token-mod --set light_hassight|no If you want to do this also for the character default tokens (for dragging from the journal), you can also do the above on the token page and use  DefaultToken afterwards.
Francesco said: I have a sneaking suspicion this might not belong here... Is there any way to remove "has sight" from all the tokens without having to select them all individually and switch off the sight? Another option (but maybe not what you're looking for) is to select the token through which you want to "see", and hit CTRL-L (see&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting#Line_of_Sight" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting#Line_of_Sight</a>).

Edited 1481468976
Thanks for the quick responses, both of those suggestions are very useful.
Gid
Roll20 Team
We are looking into a way to set up some basic global settings (like a Has Sight toggle). Don't have an ETA on it with everything else we have going on, but it's definitely something that we've been thinking of.
Having an issue with the maps, primarily that my party is unable to see them at all even after I have tried numerous ways to reveal the map to them. Don't know if this is a dynamic lighting issue or not but it's there and it's a pain.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
DM Parseth said: Having an issue with the maps, primarily that my party is unable to see them at all even after I have tried numerous ways to reveal the map to them. Don't know if this is a dynamic lighting issue or not but it's there and it's a pain. Could you post a screenshot of the Page settings, the DL layer, and the Token settings of one of the tokens that is having the issue?
Is there any way to bulk set the NPCs in STK to NOT whisper their rolls to the GM? Who thought this was a good idea? Really poor coding, and I resent having to spend my valuable time going through each monster included in the module and manually unsetting the flag so that when an orc swings its axe the dice roll is sent to the players and not the GM.
Safid said: Is there any way to bulk set the NPCs in STK to NOT whisper their rolls to the GM? Who thought this was a good idea? Really poor coding, and I resent having to spend my valuable time going through each monster included in the module and manually unsetting the flag so that when an orc swings its axe the dice roll is sent to the players and not the GM. I believe in a previous post in this thread Roll20 mentioned they are considering some bulk change items like this, but you'll have to scroll through to find it as I'm going on memory, and could be wrong. Let's also consider if they released SKT with all rolls set to not whisper (open rolls), someone would have posted just like you saying it's a bad idea and they have to spend their time switching each NPC from open rolls to whisper rolls. &nbsp;I'm going to assume Roll20 had to make a call one way or the other, knowing someone would wish it was the other way.
The scale on The Eye of the All Father&nbsp;seems to be off. &nbsp;The map states that one square is 20 feet but the grid is set to 10-foot squares and the tokens for normal sized creatures are 10-foot big instead of 5-foot like they should be. &nbsp;I believe that all the tokens should be scaled down to make the scale of the temple correct.

Edited 1483557130
Gid
Roll20 Team
Philip K. said: The scale on The Eye of the All Father&nbsp;seems to be off. &nbsp;The map states that one square is 20 feet but the grid is set to 10-foot squares and the tokens for normal sized creatures are 10-foot big instead of 5-foot like they should be. &nbsp;I believe that all the tokens should be scaled down to make the scale of the temple correct. This was done intentionally for maps that are over 10' for usability purposes. If you look under START HERE journal folder, there's one handout called "Roll20 Battle Map Scale". The handout prefaces: "Map scale varies across the collection of battle maps within Storm King's Thunder . To make movement and token placement ideal, we have adjusted the grid on some of the maps so that tokens are easier to select and manipulate. Listed below are all the maps in this module and what scale they are currently set at. We also include instructions on how change the grid if you want to follow a closely accurate strategic method of combat. With the latter, we recommend moving the tokens with the arrow keys instead of the mouse due to the small token size. With the adjusted maps, we tried to keep the tokens size relative, so a large creature is larger than a medium creature and so on."

Edited 1483929691
UPDATE: &nbsp;I think I found the issue when editing the NPC sheet... ~~~~~ ORGINAL POST STARTS HERE ~~~~~ Forgive me if this has been already handled, as I haven't updated SKT to one of the more recent fixes. &nbsp;Today I noticed the Radial Bubble for Ogre, as well as the Edit Token window shows AC 18 (see below), but the actual character sheet shows the correct AC -- 11. &nbsp;Anyone else seeing this / having this issue? &nbsp;(The token seems set up correctly -- npc_ac, which is the setting for the other NPCs.) Thanks!
Francesco said: I have a sneaking suspicion this might not belong here... Is there any way to remove "has sight" from all the tokens without having to select them all individually and switch off the sight? I would also be interested in this. I've also got another issue.&nbsp; There is a Character sheet for Ogre with Goblin Huckers , yet the counters for said Ogre is linked to Ogre with the name changed to Ogre with Goblin Huckers .&nbsp; Seems a little pointless....
I believe I've found an error with the entry for the Wight. &nbsp;The Roll20 SRD & SKT module list it as having: Immunities : Necrotic; Bludgeoning, Piercing, And Slashing From Nonmagical Weapons That Aren't Silvered Condition Immunities: Poison But the Monster Manual (and elsewhere) list it as: Damage Resistances : necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren't silvered Damage Immunities: poison Condition Immunities: exhaustion, poisoned Our barbarian was not happy that his hits were doing no damage, but acted as a good shield for the cleric who took them out fairly easily with Spirit Guardians, but we all thought total immunity to regular weapons seemed a bit much for CR 3 monster.
Ok -- this one is picky :) . &nbsp;The attacking party in Triboar is said to come from the northeast and damage Othovir's Harness Shop, etc. however on the Triboar map the tokens are placed directly north of the town. &nbsp;It would appear to be NE, but the map is 'rotated' slightly so north actually points to the top-right. The 'proper' NE would be by the "-30 ft" marker behind T11. &nbsp;That way they head directly for the areas mentioned in the adventure. That said, I won't lose sleep if this doesn't make it's way to the top of the priority list :) . Thanks as always for the great support on this release -- my gang is really enjoying it!

Edited 1484583212
I believe I've found an error with the entry for the Wight. The Roll20 SRD & SKT module list it as having: Immunities : Necrotic; Bludgeoning, Piercing, And Slashing From Nonmagical Weapons That Aren't Silvered Condition Immunities: Poison But the Monster Manual (and elsewhere) list it as: Damage Resistances : necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren't silvered Damage Immunities: poison Condition Immunities: exhaustion, poisoned Our barbarian was not happy that his hits were doing no damage, but acted as a good shield for the cleric who took them out fairly easily with Spirit Guardians, but we all thought total immunity to regular weapons seemed a bit much for CR 3 monster. Similar problems exist with the mummy. They should have damage resistance to bludgeoning piercing and slashing from nonmagical attacks according to the SRD, but the compendium has them listed as immune. Only the mummy lord has immunity to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non magical attacks.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Brett M. said: Ok -- this one is picky :) . &nbsp;The attacking party in Triboar is said to come from the northeast and damage Othovir's Harness Shop, etc. however on the Triboar map the tokens are placed directly north of the town. &nbsp;It would appear to be NE, but the map is 'rotated' slightly so north actually points to the top-right. The 'proper' NE would be by the "-30 ft" marker behind T11. &nbsp;That way they head directly for the areas mentioned in the adventure. That said, I won't lose sleep if this doesn't make it's way to the top of the priority list :) . Thanks as always for the great support on this release -- my gang is really enjoying it! Brett, you may need to check if your SKT game is up-to-date. We adjusted those tokens placement in the&nbsp;11/16/2016 SKT Patch.
Kristin C. said: Brett, you may need to check if your SKT game is up-to-date. We adjusted those tokens placement in the&nbsp;11/16/2016 SKT Patch. My apologies Kristin -- I forgot I haven't updated, as I was worried about some changes I made being wiped. &nbsp;I'll check the updates more carefully in the future.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Brett M. said: Kristin C. said: Brett, you may need to check if your SKT game is up-to-date. We adjusted those tokens placement in the&nbsp;11/16/2016 SKT Patch. My apologies Kristin -- I forgot I haven't updated, as I was worried about some changes I made being wiped. &nbsp;I'll check the updates more carefully in the future. No worries! I'm actually working on a new patch this week to include the latest revisions you all have found.
I am running into an issue with STK where none of the tokens are linked to their character sheets. When I first got the module I noticed that I could double click any creature and it would have Basic, Character Sheet, and Advanced tabs. Now all my tokens are only showing the basic and advanced tabs. I tried using a different browser and creating an entirely new campaign with the module, and the problem persists in both cases. I tried to manually link the token to their journal entries as per&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>... , and they still aren't showing the character sheet tab. I am pretty new to roll20, so I am not sure what the problem might be. Any help would be a godsend.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Zack said: I am running into an issue with STK where none of the tokens are linked to their character sheets. When I first got the module I noticed that I could double click any creature and it would have Basic, Character Sheet, and Advanced tabs. Now all my tokens are only showing the basic and advanced tabs. I tried using a different browser and creating an entirely new campaign with the module, and the problem persists in both cases. I tried to manually link the token to their journal entries as per&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>... , and they still aren't showing the character sheet tab. I am pretty new to roll20, so I am not sure what the problem might be. Any help would be a godsend. What probably happened is your character sheet template got deselected from your game settings. This can happen if you make a game copy (it's something we're looking into fixing eventually) or if you accidentally switched it off when you created the game using the SKT module as the game base. Go to your Game Details Page (this is the page dedicated to the specific game of yours that you want to launch). There's a button called "Settings". Clicking on it brings down a dropdown menu. The first option is "Game Settings", click on this, and you'll be brought to the Game Details page. From here, you have the option of selecting the character sheet you want to use. Our Wizards of the Coast modules are built with the&nbsp; 5E OGL Sheet by Roll20 , but you can use other 5E character sheets too with little adaption difficulty. Save your changes and relaunch your game. You should have your character sheet tab returned to you.
Kristin C. said: What probably happened is your character sheet template got deselected from your game settings. This can happen if you make a game copy (it's something we're looking into fixing eventually) or if you accidentally switched it off when you created the game using the SKT module as the game base. Go to your Game Details Page (this is the page dedicated to the specific game of yours that you want to launch). There's a button called "Settings". Clicking on it brings down a dropdown menu. The first option is "Game Settings", click on this, and you'll be brought to the Game Details page. From here, you have the option of selecting the character sheet you want to use. Our Wizards of the Coast modules are built with the&nbsp; 5E OGL Sheet by Roll20 , but you can use other 5E character sheets too with little adaption difficulty. Save your changes and relaunch your game. You should have your character sheet tab returned to you. Thank you for the fast reply! I tried this fix, and it doesn't seem to have worked. Just to clarify, the journal entries still have character sheets (5e OGL by Roll20), and so I can access sheets through the journal, but not via the tokens placed on the map. All the tokens have the HP and AC from when they WERE linked to the journal entries, just no access to character sheet tab.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Zack said: Kristin C. said: What probably happened is your character sheet template got deselected from your game settings. This can happen if you make a game copy (it's something we're looking into fixing eventually) or if you accidentally switched it off when you created the game using the SKT module as the game base. Go to your Game Details Page (this is the page dedicated to the specific game of yours that you want to launch). There's a button called "Settings". Clicking on it brings down a dropdown menu. The first option is "Game Settings", click on this, and you'll be brought to the Game Details page. From here, you have the option of selecting the character sheet you want to use. Our Wizards of the Coast modules are built with the&nbsp; 5E OGL Sheet by Roll20 , but you can use other 5E character sheets too with little adaption difficulty. Save your changes and relaunch your game. You should have your character sheet tab returned to you. Thank you for the fast reply! I tried this fix, and it doesn't seem to have worked. Just to clarify, the journal entries still have character sheets (5e OGL by Roll20), and so I can access sheets through the journal, but not via the tokens placed on the map. All the tokens have the HP and AC from when they WERE linked to the journal entries, just no access to character sheet tab. Try holding the alt key while double clicking your tokens.
Franky H. said: Zack said: Kristin C. said: What probably happened is your character sheet template got deselected from your game settings. This can happen if you make a game copy (it's something we're looking into fixing eventually) or if you accidentally switched it off when you created the game using the SKT module as the game base. Go to your Game Details Page (this is the page dedicated to the specific game of yours that you want to launch). There's a button called "Settings". Clicking on it brings down a dropdown menu. The first option is "Game Settings", click on this, and you'll be brought to the Game Details page. From here, you have the option of selecting the character sheet you want to use. Our Wizards of the Coast modules are built with the&nbsp; 5E OGL Sheet by Roll20 , but you can use other 5E character sheets too with little adaption difficulty. Save your changes and relaunch your game. You should have your character sheet tab returned to you. Thank you for the fast reply! I tried this fix, and it doesn't seem to have worked. Just to clarify, the journal entries still have character sheets (5e OGL by Roll20), and so I can access sheets through the journal, but not via the tokens placed on the map. All the tokens have the HP and AC from when they WERE linked to the journal entries, just no access to character sheet tab. Try holding the alt key while double clicking your tokens. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! It worked. No idea how that mechanic changed, but I don't mind hitting alt when I need to access character sheets. That saves me a ton of worry and stress. First time posting in these forums, and very happy with the results. Thank you both!
Greetings!&nbsp; I have been running this campaign for a few months now, and I noticed that the game takes forever to load and sometimes my browser (Chrome) stops responding. It gets to the point where I cannot drag character sheets or click on actions. I have tried to make a new game with SKT and there is the same issue. However, on my homebrew game, the load times are fine. Is there a setting I can change, or something I can do to speed up the process? I Have decent&nbsp;computer specs, so I can't assume that is the issue. It is starting to frustrate me to the point that I do not want to run this campaign anymore.&nbsp;

Edited 1487525196
Try deleting and/or archiving character journals. Many character journals can lead to lag. You may also have a very lengthy chat history. You may want to copy the chat archive and save it offline and then go to your campaign's page and click the Settings button and click Clear Chat Archive to delete it. A long chat archive can bog things down too. SKT is a very large campaign. You may try archiving journals that are no longer used or used far down the road in the game.
Archiving unused journal entries is absolutely the best way to speed up the performance of your campaign. They are the most resource-intensive aspects of Roll20 because of the sheer amount of data they contain and preventing un-necessary load will benefit you a lot.
Thanks! I will try this. It has become so frustrating over the last month that I was no longer looking forward to DMing the campaign for my PCs. I will report back soon!&nbsp;
@Trusten&nbsp; Which character sheet are you using; the OGL or the Shaped sheet?
@Mark - I am using Shaped v9.0.2.

Edited 1487556538
Ah yes, that sheet has a ton more attributes than the OGL.&nbsp; All those attributes are read at startup, the more journal entries you add, the worse it gets. I've been using the OGL sheet without performance or hang issues. I tried the Shaped with SKT, but encountered performance and stability issues. But you can make the Shaped work, you'll have to remove cs you do not need. The Transmogrifier works great for this.&nbsp; Have another campaign with all the journal entries, then move them into your live campaign as needed.

Edited 1487556881
I'm gonna give it a whirl. I was archiving everything, and my god, that took forever. My party (and I) is already accustomed to the Shaped sheet. I tried it with OGL and there was a lot of confusion.
Was the Dynamic Light of area 9 on the Eye of the All-Father map get mentioned / corrected? &nbsp;It's missing from the 'middle' part of area 9 (see the middle part of the screen shot below). I'm looking at an updated version of SKT, but it may have been corrected, and due to changes on my end it didn't update (although I can't remember changing anything on this map). &nbsp;Thanks for checking / confirming!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you for those who made their recommendations about Archiving and Transmogrifying sheets to Trusten. Due to how many attributes a character sheet can have, having a lot of them will significantly slow down your game. Brett, looks like that still needs to be fixed. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll add that to the list of updates that need to be done for a new patch.
Kristin C. said: Brett, looks like that still needs to be fixed. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll add that to the list of updates that need to be done for a new patch. Thanks Kristin!