Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 7.1.0

Edited 1479510526
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are ever concerned about data loss I recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy to see how it'll work. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab . Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for Monsters, NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (All languages supported by Roll20) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.

Edited 1479564785
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.1.0 (2016-11-18) Features Attachers now include spells and psionics by individual level. This is helpful for features like Heart of the Storm from Storm Sorcerer Innate Spellcasting and Spellcasting are now parsed out of traits into their own section which allows adjustment of the ability used, the level cast at (for cantrips) and shows the spell save dc and spell bonus to hit. For Innate Spellcasting a textfield is included to list the spells that are restricted in their way (such as 3/day) - that field is parsed as well. The parsing will only work for new NPCs. It may be possible that I can extract this information from old NPCs if desired The "Spells" tab is no longer shown by default. There is a setting to show it and it is automatically turned on for old character, but new characters will not have it shown by default. PCs and NPCs both have spells on the core page so a separate "Spells" tab is less necessary, but some people may still want it. Tab buttons are a bit smaller Spell slots no longer default to being turned on. Classes with spell slots will turn this on and the upgrade will trigger this automatically. NPCs with slots will also trigger this. Spells and Psionic filtering now include "Longer" for durations longer than an action. Bug Fixes Classes are now translated names. Default ability is now translated names (upgrade covers this for you) Todo: Verify quick equipment. See Vanakoji's post: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4262100/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4262100/</a> Show a message for large upgrades Solve cantrips from SRD now that the API has removed the formula Continue progress on OGL conversion. Fix higher level not prompting on some spells (sleep) <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... Fix higher level not toggling off <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... Passive perception I nearly have the message for large upgrades working, but I can't get it to reliably go away in some cases.

Edited 1479564793
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.1.1 (2016-11-18) Bug Fixes Quick Equipment is fixed
Hey Kryx, Sorry to bug you again. After trying to re-do the copy with the new sheet (And I need it for certain bug fixes from version 6.0.2) the spells seem to somehow work awekwardly after the upgrade... For some reason they are not shown on the core sheet nor on the spell sheet, but they are present: Any way to make them show on the actual page rather then needing to click on the "Spells" button to have them PM'ed?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you send me an invite?

Edited 1479576129
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.1.2 (2016-11-19) Bug Fixes SKT spells are now converted for NPCs. They, of course, are setup differently than LMoP spells. I believe my code can handle both cases and it even puts spells on the proper level by reading the level from a previous spell. Feels like a horrible way for it to be arranged by roll20, but it looks to be working. The only thing missing is I cannot read the level of a spell that comes from the innate list as there is no level data anywhere in how roll20 set that up. Therefore those spells will appear as cantrips. Spells are no longer shown by default. Classes with spellcasting and NPCs with spellcasting will have them automatically toggled on (so spells on core for both PCs and NPCs, spells tab still being a manual option that is grandfathered in for all old sheets). The upgrade reruns the check for your classes so if you have a class that has spellcasting it'll be turned on. Otherwise in the rare case that you are a class without spellcasting and need spells you'll have to toggle it on. Cantrips no longer force themselves to be prepared. They default to prepared, but can be turned off. This is useful for cases like a Tiefling with the variant race options. @Robert This should help the OGL conversion process immensely. I keep losing track of the remaining issues with that conversion process. Could you please grab the information from the old thread and add it to&nbsp; my issue tracker for this issue ? That would help me immensely.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Liam, I know you deleted your post, but I wanted to make sure the issues aren't there. From your description it sounds like the upgrade to translated class names didn't work for you. Did it work in the end? The upgrade process worked in my test campaign and for my PCs in my real campaign - the casters all had their classes updated to the translated versions and spells were toggled appropriately. Are you seeing something different?
Kryx said: Liam, I know you deleted your post, but I wanted to make sure the issues aren't there. From your description it sounds like the upgrade to translated class names didn't work for you. Did it work in the end? The upgrade process worked in my test campaign and for my PCs in my real campaign - the casters all had their classes updated to the translated versions and spells were toggled appropriately. Are you seeing something different? I think I must of interrupted the upgrade process as seemed to work for some of the later sheets I tried. The only issue I'm now having is that one of my non-casters (Elf Fighter) now has repeating sections for all levels, even though he should just have a Cantrip and nothing else. A bit confused.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hm.. really going to have to do some kind of notification for upgrade. I have a system, but within roll20 I can't identify when a call starts and finishes reliably. If you enter edit mode there should be 3 buttons "spell slots", "spell points", "all" that are next to eachother. I think you have the "all" option selected which will show all spell levels. This is useful to show levels you don't normally have access to which will show after you add an item.
Kryx said: Hm.. really going to have to do some kind of notification for upgrade. I have a system, but within roll20 I can't identify when a call starts and finishes reliably. If you enter edit mode there should be 3 buttons "spell slots", "spell points", "all" that are next to eachother. I think you have the "all" option selected which will show all spell levels. This is useful to show levels you don't normally have access to which will show after you add an item. *facepalm* That did it. Thanks for that Kryx :) Usually I'm a lot better with waiting for the upgrades to complete but roll20 in general has made me a bit impatient lately (Currently coding my first character sheet and realising slowly how much HTML/CSS/JS I've forgotten over the years)
Kryx said: Hm.. really going to have to do some kind of notification for upgrade. I have a system, but within roll20 I can't identify when a call starts and finishes reliably. If you enter edit mode there should be 3 buttons "spell slots", "spell points", "all" that are next to eachother. I think you have the "all" option selected which will show all spell levels. This is useful to show levels you don't normally have access to which will show after you add an item. Yeah this was my issue too, for some reason the sheet suddenly started to show spell points instead of spell slots and hence I could not see the spells. Seems to work now thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.1.3 (2016-11-20) Bug Fixes Upon sheet creation many less fields are created. Many of those will be created as fields are adjusted (such as ability scores), but this should result in a quicker creation and sheets having about 50 less fields overall which is nice. I believe I caught all macros that depended on these generated fields to be generated, but if I missed any please let me know.

Edited 1479642901
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Geze said: Yeah this was my issue too, for some reason the sheet suddenly started to show spell points instead of spell slots and hence I could not see the spells. Seems to work now thanks The sheet never touches the spell points toggle so it sounds like someone clicked it at some point. I'm glad it's working now though.
Hey Kryx I haven't found a way to automatically count down available spell slots. Looking at the Github readme, I guess that's the "Process Spell Slots Automatically Not currently working" part. Is there a reasonable way to manually add that feature in order to simply adjust the spell_slots_l&lt;insert lvl of current spell cast&gt; attribute by -1? Great work on your sheet btw! narf
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Buster, Spells auotmatically using slots requires an API script which requires a pro account. Lucian has talked about that feature for a while, but hasn't followed through yet. See&nbsp; 5e Shaped Companion Script Thread 2 for discussion on the script.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I often use the spells section to record spells that I have on scrolls or can be cast by magic items. Is this the proper way to do this? Right now I change the name of the spell to remind me that it's not prepared with my regular spellcasting, nor do they use my spellcasting slots (i.e. "Magic Missile (wand)"), but I was wondering if there was a better way to do this. Further, some classes (Drow, Tiefling) also have actual leveled spells they can cast that likewise do not interact with spell slots. Is there a way toggle these on or off in order to help with spell prep, or is what I am doing now a decent solution? Also, do my Spell Attack Modifier and Saving DC display anywhere?

Edited 1479661915
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spell slots automatically being reduced is a feature that is not implemented yet. It will exist on the script and when it does it will have to take into account these issues and many more. It's not simple. Likely we'll have to have a setting on the script to turn it off as well as on individual spells perhaps. Putting scrolls in spells seems fine by me. Same for racial spells. Spell save DC and attack mod do not show for PCs. I recently added it for NPCs. I may add it to PCs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.2.0 (2016-11-20) Features Added Save DC and Attack calculations and macros to spells and psionics for PCs (NPCs added it in 7.1.0).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI there is a bug when importing spells via the script that higher level toggle appears as on, but has no effect. You can resolve this by retoggling higher level for all spells that are imported via the script. I'll debug and solve asap
Hey, Kryx, I'll update and add testing to my next dinnertime project and put it over to your issue tracker. With spells out of the way, we're getting there.
How often does that translation page actually change? Can I usually skip copying it in? Just curious.
Kryx, on 7.2.0 the spell sheet has disappeared from all my NPCs. Does that mean all the spells are gone, or just not accessible? Can't remember the last one I was on, maybe the last update on the former thread. Maybe the one before that. Around Wednesday.

Edited 1479720839
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Translations are added quite often. I'd update it every time. Robert D. said: Kryx, on 7.2.0 the spell sheet has disappeared from all my NPCs. Does that mean all the spells are gone, or just not accessible? The spell tab? See the release notes above: Kryx said: 7.1.0 (2016-11-18) Features The "Spells" tab is no longer shown by default. There is a setting to show it and it is automatically turned on for old character, but new characters will not have it shown by default. PCs and NPCs both have spells on the core page so a separate "Spells" tab is less necessary, but some people may still want it. Kryx said: 7.1.2 (2016-11-19) Bug Fixes Spells are no longer shown by default. Classes with spellcasting and NPCs with spellcasting will have them automatically toggled on (so spells on core for both PCs and NPCs, spells tab still being a manual option that is grandfathered in for all old sheets). The upgrade reruns the check for your classes so if you have a class that has spellcasting it'll be turned on. Otherwise in the rare case that you are a class without spellcasting and need spells you'll have to toggle it on. So it sounds like you just need to toggle spells to show in general. You can do that in edit mode on the core page of NPCs or on the setting tab. As mentioned in 7.1.0 I could possibly parse innate spellcasting and spellcasting out of old monsters which would also trigger the show changes, but that depends on community desire. I could also grandfather all old sheets to show spells as that's easier. I could also only do that for NPCs as PCs calculate it pretty well.
Interesting. Well, the spells seem to have been stripped out. They are no longer castable links on the first page. I would have noticed that. And when I toggle them on, the spell page is blank. I think they were just completely deleted from the monsters.
They are still in my backup of the campaign, that's on the currently published sheet.

Edited 1479758129
I noticed that when upgrading from the live version 6.5 to 7.2 that NPCs with spell casting seemingly lost their spells; but after turning on 'spells' and 'spellcasting', the spells reappeared. Edit: To see the spells on the spell tab, 'spellslots' or 'spellpoints' must be enabled.
If filtering is turned off, the spell level selection is still visible but not functional. This applies to NPCs and PCs.

Edited 1479759464
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: Interesting. Well, the spells seem to have been stripped out. They are no longer castable links on the first page. I would have noticed that. And when I toggle them on, the spell page is blank. I think they were just completely deleted from the monsters. There is nothing in the recent update that would've caused this. Ensure filters are turned off and you have all the correct spell toggles. Otherwise invite me and I'll investigate. BP said: I noticed that when upgrading from the live version 6.5 to 7.2 that NPCs with spell casting seemingly lost their spells; but after turning on 'spells' and 'spellcasting', the spells reappeared. Edit: To see the spells on the spell tab, 'spellslots' or 'spellpoints' must be enabled. Again wording here is very important. They lost their spells implies the individual spells were removed, though it seems like the toggle was not checked for spells. For PCs spell slots are toggled for all classes with spells besides warlock. Warlock toggles his own thing which shows the spells part. Other classes that have spells via other means will have to manually turn spells on. All of this should be covered as part of the upgrade. If you're seeing otherwise there are 2 possibilities: You've canceled the upgrade by closing a sheet or there is a bug. For NPCs I'll need to either grandfather all old sheets to show spells or convert innate and spellcasting from them. BP said: If filtering is turned off, the spell level selection is still visible but not functional. This applies to NPCs and PCs. Can you be more specific? What is not functional? Spells macros are clickable and output to the chat for me. In edit mode the cog wheel is there and clickable. All fields are editable. What is not working for you?
Kryx said: BP said: I noticed that when upgrading from the live version 6.5 to 7.2 that NPCs with spell casting seemingly lost their spells; but after turning on 'spells' and 'spellcasting', the spells reappeared. Edit: To see the spells on the spell tab, 'spellslots' or 'spellpoints' must be enabled. Again wording here is very important. They lost their spells implies the individual spells were removed, though it seems like the toggle was not checked for spells. For PCs spell slots are toggled for all classes with spells besides warlock. Warlock toggles his own thing which shows the spells part. Other classes that have spells via other means will have to manually turn spells on. All of this should be covered as part of the upgrade. If you're seeing otherwise there are 2 possibilities: You've canceled the upgrade by closing a sheet or there is a bug. For NPCs I'll need to either grandfather all old sheets to show spells or convert innate and spellcasting from them. That's why I said seemingly. Upon the initial upgrade spells were not displayed. I think grandfathering or converting would provide less headache to DM once the upgrade goes live. Kryx said: BP said: If filtering is turned off, the spell level selection is still visible but not functional. This applies to NPCs and PCs. Can you be more specific? What is not functional? Spells macros are clickable and output to the chat for me. In edit mode the cog wheel is there and clickable. All fields are editable. What is not working for you? The spell level filter selection. Based on the selection shown, I would expect to only see cantrips. Note: filters are turned off, but the spell level filter is still visible.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm working on parsing traits for spellcasting for all old NPCs, it should be in the next version. BP said: The spell level filter selection. Based on the selection shown, I would expect to only see cantrips. Note: filters are turned off, but the spell level filter is still visible. Ah, the level is indeed not hidden when filters are turned off. I'll fix that.
Did a few tests with OGL conversion. Transmogrifying from SKT, everything looks good. The only error I have found so far is every spell that has a damage component come through with the attack enabled when only the save should be enabled. I used the Drow Mage for the test and Lightning Bolt has Attack enabled.
As near as I can tell they really are missing, but maybe the fields are still there and just not being accessed. I sent a PM.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.2.1 (2016-11-21) Bug Fixes Existing NPCs have their traits reparsed to check for spellcasting. If it exists it'll turn on the spellcasting system for them. Spell level filters are now properly hidden when filters is toggled off Running an upgrade or converting a sheet from OGL will now show a message in the top right of the screen. After the image is no longer laggy the sheet should be safe to close. The message must be closed manually. When converting from OGL spells should no longer have attack toggled unless they are a spell with an attack.

Edited 1479771089
By the way, in case I am missing anything In sheet version 6.0.3 the warlock spells are always cast at the maximum available level (My warlock was level 6 and all spells were cast "As 4th"), but for some reason now after the upgrade to 7.1.0 and later it casts them all at their default spell level Have I missed anything? Maybe there's something in settings that fixes this and I didn't notice? Thanks in advance Edit: Okay, updated sheet to 7.2.1 and it is now working as should do
Okay. Double checked. Created a new campaign from the backup and went straight to the newest sheet. I pull up one of those monsters and it goes through a conversion process it never did on the others (I haven't opened these creatures since I last ran the game on the publishes sheet). I went to the spell sheet and turned on spell slots like BP mentioned above to make sure I saw the behavior he mentioned (I've seen it on PCs, but I wanted to make doubly sure). Then I went back and did the same thing on the monsters missing the spells. The level areas appear with the buttons to add and modify spells, there are just no spells in them. Good news is you seem to have fixed it in 7.2.1, if you want to just call it good. I can just roll back to the backup and redo all the PC spell conversions. That loses me a day or two of dinner testing to PC conversion, assuming this sheet is good going forward, but worth it if it all works. :)
Not really update related, but is there a way to add a 7th Ability Score, for example Sanity?
Just a few small things. - Spell save and spell attack don't update on ability score update of main ability. - Roll2 for spell attack, second roll is doing 1d20 ++ As for the documentation, I am not sure what you wanted done there as the changes you made sort of put it neither on parity with the live version as I try to keep it or with the current beta version as information was now missing. As such, I have restored the version before and moves your changes to a beta version with a link on the doc which I can work on and update to meet the new upcoming layout in my free time and hopefully means that the when it goes live, the documentation will be up to date quicker.

Edited 1479806726
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Geze said: Okay, updated sheet to 7.2.1 and it is now working as should do Cool, glad to hear. Robert D. said: I went to the spell sheet and turned on spell slots like BP mentioned above to make sure I saw the behavior he mentioned (I've seen it on PCs, but I wanted to make doubly sure). Then I went back and did the same thing on the monsters missing the spells. The level areas appear with the buttons to add and modify spells, there are just no spells in them I PM'd you. One was due to filters, the other would be fixed on 7.2.1 so I think the update process is working. You don't have to rollback. Upgrading to 7.2.1 should solve it. zerosius said: Not really update related, but is there a way to add a 7th Ability Score, for example Sanity? You can always add anything under "Attributes & Abilities" if you wanted to track it on the character. But there isn't a way to show custom things added there to the sheet. I, personally, don't see how those are ability scores and not normal wisdom (sanity) or charisma (honor) checks/saving throws. That said I don't mind supporting the DMG version of honor and sanity if enough people want it. My only concern is the time to develop it. Vanakoji said: - Spell save and spell attack don't update on ability score update of main ability. Good catch, I'll fix. Vanakoji said: - Roll2 for spell attack, second roll is doing 1d20 ++ I'll verify. Vanakoji said: As for the documentation, I am not sure what you wanted done there as the changes you made sort of put it neither on parity with the live version as I try to keep it or with the current beta version as information was now missing. As such, I have restored the version before and moves your changes to a beta version with a link on the doc which I can work on and update to meet the new upcoming layout in my free time and hopefully means that the when it goes live, the documentation will be up to date quicker. Up to you how to manage it. Though like the old sheet versions I don't particularly want to maintain old documentation versions. If you want to support the current live version in one doc and make changes to a beta version that's a good solution as long as the live doc is replaced when the sheet goes live. Thanks again for maintaining it.
Up to you how to manage it. Though like the old sheet versions I don't particularly want to maintain old documentation versions. If you want to support the current live version in one doc and make changes to a beta version that's a good solution as long as the live doc is replaced when the sheet goes live. Thanks again for maintaining it. I understand, I just try to keep it to the live version so that even free people can use it as everyone can always make use of the live version. This update has been had a lot of work on it though and been in beta for some time due to the large and great changes so I though separating them and just moving the BETA version to the live version when it becomes the new live version would work best to cover as much as possible. I will try and work to bring the BETA version as up to date as I can later today, as it stands it is currently a copy of the version with your changes just before I rolled the main one back to the live version.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji said: I though separating them and just moving the BETA version to the live version when it becomes the new live version would work best to cover as much as possible. Ya, totally fine with me. Release Timeframe The release timeframe is pretty difficult to arrange as I've moving in about a week. If I want the sheet pushed in a stable state I think the best we can do is push it to Roll20 on November 29th after another week of testing. I plan to only do bug fixed between now and then - so no more major revamps. Then if necessary I can make some fixes around Dec 13th.
Looped over abilities (str, dex, etc) and saving throws to avoid code duplication. This shouldn't affect users, but let me know if you notice any issues. Might be related to this, but I don't know; a small number of my character sheets, after upgrading from 6.11.1 to 7.2.1, have an issue with Skill Checks (and only &nbsp;skill checks). &nbsp;They do not add the ability score to the skill check. &nbsp;Not all sheets are doing this, but they are all sheets I am certain that I waited through the update process for. &nbsp;Saving throws work fine. The formula for the skill check calculations is strange: roughly, it's: d20 + 3[prof] + 0[cha]. In other words, it seems to be aware that it should be adding a bonus (as it is calling a formula somewhere for one) but it is not the right one; it is always zero. &nbsp;Every other roll that uses an ability score works fine; saving throws, attack rolls, damage calculations, etc. &nbsp;Additionally, the correct bonus is shown on the character sheet itself, just not used in the actual roll. Strange, strange issue. &nbsp;I have tried deleting all the skills and generating new ones, as well as deleting all the skills and manually creating skills. &nbsp;None add the correct formula; they all add 0[abilityscore].
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.3.0 (2016-11-22) Features Default ability split to "spell_ability" and "psionic_ability" and moved down to spells or psionics. Upgrade should transfer default over to spells and everything should still be working here. Bug Fixes Skills correctly add the ability modifier to the chat output Spell and Psionic save DC and attack update when an ability modifier is updated Spell attack now works when using "roll2"
Thank's all. Yesterday something was seriously wrong with me that ended with me getting light headed and passing out for thirteen hours. I think I was fighting off a bug. Let's just say I shouldn't have been testing. :) Or driving. I wasn't thinking clearly. I have a question. I've been converting Storm King characters and moving them to a Storm King Campaign that's just on the published sheet. Do I need to be careful not to open those characters over in that campaign until the published sheet catches up with the one I used to convert them? I'm asking because of this new bit with all the spells being sorted by level. Thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet will have serious problems if you downgrade like that. If you're creating anything on a certain version then use it on that version or a version of a higher number.
Okay, I'll make sure I don't do that. Another question, I think I asked it but I don't remember seeing an answer. How do you envision&nbsp;us doing innate spell casting with this new spell system. Right now I'm just putting uses per day in parens behind the spell name. Do you have something else implemented I'm not seeing or something planned. You had a note about innate casting a release or two back, but I didn't understand what it was saying.

Edited 1479837823
Discovered a problem, the attacks don't appear to build properly. When creating an attack, I can check the attack and damage fields and fill them out, but the macro part isn't building and gives as error when used. The same happens when dropping from the compendium. Recreate: Create new character Set class to fighter 1 add new Attack Drop a Longbow from compendium What you is the name, ranged type, weight; but not attack or damage. If you manually check attack and damage, you get a error when using the macro button. This was done in your reshaped campaign. Character: Attack Test
How does the NPC sheet determine spell progression? I have a creature, the Undead Torturer in Monsters | 1007 The Man Behind the Mask, if you want to go look at it yourself, Kryx, that casts spells like a paladin. The sheet selected paladin spells and that he was a 19th level caster, but gave him a wizard like spell progression as opposed to paladin, and I don't see anywhere to select that.
You might want to have "all" and "spell slots" marked by default when creating a new character. It's confusing that there doesn't seem to be a way to add new spells when creating a new monster until you mark both of those. Took me a minute, I've already embarressed myself with the filters once, so I'm double checking everything. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.3.1 (2016-11-22) Bug Fixes Attack imports now parse without error (thanks for the easy reproduction path BP)

Edited 1479855751
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: How does the NPC sheet determine spell progression? I have a creature, the Undead Torturer in Monsters | 1007 The Man Behind the Mask, if you want to go look at it yourself, Kryx, that casts spells like a paladin. The sheet selected paladin spells and that he was a 19th level caster, but gave him a wizard like spell progression as opposed to paladin, and I don't see anywhere to select that. The sheet does not give slots based on the level. The level is only there for cantrips and the display. The slots are determined automatically if you import via script or SRD. Or if you do it manually then you have to do it all manually. "Determined automatically" means the sheet parses your trait that says "Spellcasting" and assigns the appropriate slots - nothing more complex. So if you want to setup a homebrew level 19 paladin then you'll have to do so manually by referencing the paladin in the PHB. Robert D. said: You might want to have "all" and "spell slots" marked by default when creating a new character. It's confusing that there doesn't seem to be a way to add new spells when creating a new monster until you mark both of those. If you import from script or srd this is also done automatically. Slots are determined, levels that are shown are determined, etc. If you have to manually set up a creature you do indeed have to turn on spellcasting, spell slots, and then at least temporarily show all levels by toggling "all" on to add spells to that level. Or if you import spells then those levels will automatically show. Levels showing or not is automatically determined for PCs and imports so it should not be default. Especially as most creatures don't have spellcasting. Innate for example doesn't have slots so you wouldn't want it to default to showing slots. Innate Spellcasting would look like a Drow Mage: So you'll reference the blurb under innate spellcasting to determine how many times they can be cast. You could rename them as desired as well.