Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Audio change in game

I normally have my broadcast setting at start of game set to none. This is to avoid the problem of mute being disabled and opening my mic when someone new enters the game. I have recently noticed that when I go to change the setting  to voice only (starting session) and back to none (end of session), the setting change prompts a reload of the entire page, dropping me from the campaign and then popping me back in, only to find I have to reload character sheet and more that I had open previously. Is his total page refresh supposed to happen now? Using a laptop with Chrome.
Gid
Roll20 Team
This is intentional. When you change your voice/video parameters, the browser tab refreshes to make certain that changes are made appropriately. This is more of an issue when video and voice are currently active and in use as any changes made to the output requires everyone currently in the game to refresh their browser to keep their peer-to-peer connection running smoothly. This refresh is now done automatically whenever the GM tinkers with the WebRTC settings.
If it automatically refreshes after the GM tinkers, it should refresh all in the room. Past issues have shown that after the gm refreshes, all players need to refresh.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It will cause all connected players to refresh whenever the setting is changed.