Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM LFP Pathfinder Sunday Afternoon GMT time

Hello everyone! Long term DM here experienced from AD&D 2nd Ed and onwards, decided I'd like to start up a new campaign for sundays, The short of it is I'm looking for a couple players to fill out a group. No large amount of experience is required although a small amount of understand of at least some d20 based system would appreciated though I stress is not required. My basic requirements are as follows. 1. Skype and a working microphone (no getting around this) 2. A stable internet connection (seems harsh but its frustrating to wait every 5 mins for one player who d/c's) 3. A sense of humor (don't need any ragers) 4. Punctuality (Ideally you show up on time all the time, but life gets in the way, give us notice if you're a no show, or going to be late) Now a little bit about the world, You'll be starting in the village of Camlin Hills outside of the influence of any of the major countries, on the cusp of the harvest festival, you'd know of wars between the two major kingdom's to the south of you that happen from time to time, Trydon and Falask, both mainly human countries, and the free cities of Allastin to the north, Allastin has villages and cities of multiple different races that band together in military strength to defend themselves, however the cities have a large degree of autonomy in how they are run, and some are ruled by commitee or vote, others by Barons or Dukes and Petty Kings. The general geography of the area is hilly and mountainous, around the village of Camlin Hills there is relatively plentiful wildlife, and reasonable arable land around the river plain, it lies far enough away from the mountains and is small enough to avoid most trouble. Camlin Hills is also home to various different species of humans and meta-humans (dwarves, gnomes, etc) Now what I need from you, I'd like you to prepare a brief character description, a couple of sentences describing your character, and confirmation of your being able to meet the requirements above. I look forward to hearing from you! As an added note I would prefer posts to be made in this thread and not PM'd to me, thank you.

Edited 1382950019
All 4 are confirmed Character - elf inquisitor, melee oriented with spells as support. He likes expensive food, cheap drinks, cleaning his armor and fistfights. Also hitting on young women (usually futile). While he acts like he does not care about his comrades, will do his best if they are in peril.
I do have a question though. What time do you want to set? I know you said Sunday but I am probably not the same timezone as you.
Character: Human rogue. Instead of working lawlessly he chooses to go after bounties and has no qualms about bringing in a bounty dead. Other than that he seems fairly normal in build and with his looks, he wouldn't stand out in a crowd. He loves all kinds of ale and one of his goals in life is the test as many different kinds as possible. Yes to all 4.
Goatman in response to time it will start somewhere in the afternoon for GMT+0 timezones likely 3-6PM as a starting point dependant on those who join and what works best for the group.
Ok I think I can make it. Yes on all 4. I'd like to play a travelling monk. He was kind of a drunkard and all around bastard farmer. But after his farm and family was destroyed he sort of lost his way in life. He found salvation in the (insert god's teachings here) and desires to preach on the goodness of being near the gods.
I should note, these character descriptions are not necessarily for the charcter you'd play but more so I can assess how people think in terms of characterisation.
Are we rolling stats or point buy?
It will be a roll based system for stats, however that comes into relavence once you've been selected to join.
So do you want to setup a mini session for us to roll stats or do you want us roll stats ourselves? At the first session i men.

Edited 1382966938
Character: Human wizard. Raised in a wealthy family, he was sent to a school of magic and warfare where he found that his talent for magic was lacking at best compared to the rest of the students, enraged by this, he decided that he could the best and most powerful without the help of an elite school or his families fortune. He doesn't enjoy using magic to torment anyone but when the subject of power arises he becomes very greedy. oh and all 4
I think I have a pretty good sense of humour, so all 4 are confirmed. I was thinking a human born to a poor farming family with a half a dozen children, pawned off to an old summoner to be his apprentice at age 14. [Insert name here] is forbidden from summoning following an incident with a dolphin in the master's study. He steals some tomes from his master's bookshelf, and runs for the hills (hue). Meets the party at the harvest festival, where he has been using his eidolon for manual labour in the preperations. (Probably too late to make the cut, oh well :P)

Edited 1383438800
Hey, Vet pathfinder player with a particular fondness for immersion and psionics. 1. Skype and a working microphone (no getting around this) - Affirmative. 2. A stable internet connection (seems harsh but its frustrating to wait every 5 mins for one player who d/c's) - Two for two 3. A sense of humor (don't need any ragers) - Turkey! 4. Punctuality (Ideally you show up on time all the time, but life gets in the way, give us notice if you're a no show, or going to be late) - This is actually a pet peeve of mine as a GM. Gotta show some respect for the players / GM and their time spent gaming. Let alone the hours the GM pours into the game prior to the session / campaign. Here's a character idea! Check it out! ___________________________________ Kraxan Xabal A man of the Astral, the plane of Dreams. His land ruled by the Lich Queen, Baba Yaga. A smith, taught in the ways of Steel and trained in the path of the Warrior. Part of a royal court, the Xabal family served the Queen , defending against the invading Ilithid forces, they the things spun from Nightmare. Kraxan had a sister, Axious, of whom was envied by many of the court. Betrayal came in the form of exile, for Kraxan was overtaken by his brothers and thrown into the Void, in order to get to the prize sought after by many - ripping the dimensional port ways from the place of the Dream, the Astral - to the material plane. Kraxan Xabal is a stranger in an even stranger land. Separated from those he had loved but he possess' the fighter's spirit and will find a way back to his homeland, the place of Dreams. Mechanic links! Ophiduan: <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/ophiduan" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/ophiduan</a> Psychic Warrior: <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior</a> Character Sheet: <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=696577" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=696577</a> the Sheet is to just give a mechanical idea of what I'd be going for. It is using a 20pt buy, but obviously will roll if selected.