Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Enemy Within - Powered by Fate

Edited 1480052752
For a long time I have wanted to run the legendary Warhammer 1st edition campaign that has even been voted to be the best RPG campaign of all time once. But I was never keen on learning the 1st edition rules (where would one even get the books?!) and I think that the conversion requirement was one of the key reasons I never ran the campaign using the 2nd edtion rules, that I was familiar with. Especially due to heavily house ruling the system to what I called the WFRP 2nd edition advanced. But now, after using Fate rules in multiple campaigns and settings (including 2 custom ones) I think I have found my answer to the conversion problem. I'll "just" run the the Enemy Within using Fate. My previous attempts in finding players for my Fate campaigns using LFG have failed spectacularly so I'll start this project by carefully poking the community with a 5 feet pole to see if anyone here actually: a) wants to play the legendary Enemy Within and b) is willing to do it using Fate? I'm living in GMT+2 timezone, so that will probably limit the number of potential players a bit. But I am fairly flexible with my timeslots.17 - 21 is fine Monday - Thursday, 17 - 23 is fine on Fridays, 10 - 24 is fine on Saturdays and 10 - 21 is fine on Sundays. So a lot of people should be able to find at least one suitable timeslot. The goal would be to have 1 - 4 sessions per month, depending on how people can make it. So if you're interested in seeing the Enemy Within powered by Fate in Roll20, let me know.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Aww, man! I would be totally into this. Unfortunately, I'm in PST (GMT-8), which, if my math is right, is 10 hours behind you. Damn! /Matt
MattBx8 said: Aww, man! I would be totally into this. Unfortunately, I'm in PST (GMT-8), which, if my math is right, is 10 hours behind you. Damn! /Matt You sure you're not a vampire? Double-damn! Anyway, yeah that GMT-8 is pretty much the worst possible timezone for me.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Maetco said: MattBx8 said: Aww, man! I would be totally into this. Unfortunately, I'm in PST (GMT-8), which, if my math is right, is 10 hours behind you. Damn! /Matt You sure you're not a vampire? Double-damn! Anyway, yeah that GMT-8 is pretty much the worst possible timezone for me. Alas, no, not a vampire. Weekday Evenings 6-10 PM PST (GMT-8) are pretty much the only times, except I *might* be able to swing an early morning 6-10 AM PST (GMT-8) game on a Saturday or Sunday. Depends on how often a month, probably could do 1-2. /Matt
I appreciate the post in the other thread, but I'm also in America and am not available anywhere near the times you proposed. I had previously seen this and totally assumed it was a 40K listing!
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm certainly interested in The Enemy Within! I'm a Warhammer Fantasy 2nd edition fan (I've authored a sheet for it on Roll20) and would love to experience some 1st edition content, even if it's using FATE. I'm living at GMT+1 and am available Monday through Wednesday evenings.
Maetco said: Would you be interested in this <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4277775/the-enemy-within-powered-by-fate" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4277775/the-enemy-within-powered-by-fate</a> ? Thanks Maetco, my time also GMT +2 time zone. I am definitely join if you get started, evening and weekends would be the best for me.

Edited 1480016116
Sound cool, count me in - my mage staff is the staff that will pierce the heavens! I can play on any of the suggested times except for Thursday and Sunday. If Saturday, then it'd have to be evening. GMT+2 here.
Oh man, this is going so much better so far than I had expected. I quickly created a LFG page for the (hopefully) upcoming campaign <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62723/the-enemy-within-powered-by-fate" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62723/the-enemy-within-powered-by-fate</a>.