Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Multiple Initiative Orders

Hello all. I've been thinking about a possible edit to the initiative order tool, namely that the GM may have the ability to make multiple initiative orders instead of simply just one if the need ever arise for it when say if the party is split and they both encounter combat on a grand scale that may be too unwieldy to be done with just one, or possibly even an initiative order kept secret from some or all of the players that the GM can have on the side. I've been thinking of doing things that would require more out of the turn order tool than it could handle, and felt that this would make a useful extra functionality for the tool in question. Maybe have it so the GM could create multiple and allow them to be merged when necessary along side the invisible functionality if it were added.
Yesterday's blog post on the big end of the year update included mentioning a major overhaul of the turn tracker (and party splitting support also) that sounds like it is exactly what you're looking for. You can include "invisible" objects on the current turn tracker by the way: anything that exists on the GM layer will be invisible to players.
Dickie said: Yesterday's blog post on the big end of the year update included mentioning a major overhaul of the turn tracker (and party splitting support also) that sounds like it is exactly what you're looking for. You can include "invisible" objects on the current turn tracker by the way: anything that exists on the GM layer will be invisible to players. Dang, I didn't get around to reading it. I do hope it is what I'm looking for! I was aware of the GM layer making certain objects in the tracker invisible, but it doesn't fit my need the way I would like it to.