Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Drag & Drop] Adding NPC Portraits 3.5E D&D

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I'm not sure if this is just an issue for 3.5E D&D, but I have been having a HUGE struggle dragging portraits which have transparency in to be the Portrait on an NPC Character Sheet. I can drag the thing 10+ times and still not have it 'stick' in the "drag and drop box".  Maybe if there was a way to "Choose from Library" like "Choose a File" then life would be a bit easier with this.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Andrew, by portrait are you referring to the avatar on a journal? If so, this is a feature of all journals. I've not had any issues adding png files with transparency although I always advise making sure your cursor is in the box for drag and drop even if the transparency makes it looks like the image is outside of the box! Failing that the standard tech help may identify other issues: I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you! 
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I think the easiest way to describe the issue, as I recreate it is... Grab from the Library to drop into the Avatar (not Token) on the Bio page. When I try drop it into the 'drop box', it goes to the map. It rarely seems to matter where in the box I try drop it.  The only 'reliable' way is to repeat until it sticks.

Edited 1480243904
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Another user encountered similar difficulties , and resolved them by "dragging the token directly to the [Choose a File] button".