Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Chat Buttons] New bug.

Edited 1480818426
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I've been using the buttons you can load into chat outputs (Ability Buttons?) anyway, the ones which are encoded as [Display](Executed Code or HTML). The basics of the method is: /w gm [Button1](Roll Template for 3.5E) [Button 2](Roll Template for 3.5E) [Button3](Blurby-text stuff)... etc, etc, etc Strangely, after having a co-gm access the game and try use them, they seem broken.  I can't get the buttons to appear in the chat, which I have been able to have happen time and time again.  So... does "/w gm" get 'confused' by multiple GMs? EDIT After seeing a bug below worrying about 'chat archives' I thought I'd check to see what appeared in the Chat Archive.  Interestingly, the buttons appear in the Chat Archive but DON'T appear in the Main Chat.  Other roll templates seem to have been truncated in the Main Chat as well.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Andrew said: I've been using the buttons you can load into chat outputs (Ability Buttons?) anyway, the ones which are encoded as [Display](Executed Code or HTML). You're describing API Command Buttons . Could you post some screenshots demonstrating what you're experiencing?

Edited 1480831086
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
There should be those API Buttons from the Chat Log under that last post on the left under %SkillCheck. The grey lines should be a variety of attack rolls using 3.5E Templates &{template:DnD3d5StdRoll}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by Clearing the game's Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it. Does clearing the Chat Archive resolve your issues?
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Seems to have been resolved. Thanks.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great. I'll mark this as resolved; feel free to open a new thread if you experience any other issues.