Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL Companion Script] Triggering a spell "cast" from a macro for the spelltracking function to pick up.

So I have an interesting question. Is there some way to get a Divine Smite macro to "cast" a spell?  I haven't gotten the details of the macro yet but I'm sure I can handle the cast at X level roll query and totaling the damage. I am just trying to figure out if there is a way I can still leverage the companion script's excellent spell level tracking function for when the macro is used as well. Any thoughts or ideas would be very helpful because I don't know where to begin with trying to make an API call from a macro.  Thanks in advance!!

Edited 1481177451
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There's not really a simple way to do this using the 5e OGL Companion, but there is a simple way to do this if you have ChatSetAttr installed. e.g. !setattr {{ --charid @{selected|character_id} --mod --lvl?{Spell Slot Used|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}_slots_expended|1 }}
Awesome. Thanks! I'm using it for some other things but I didn't think about this. 
Got it working perfectly! Thank you so much Silvyre!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You're very welcome! Happy rolling!