Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Image upload error on wiki

Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I noticed today that an "Arcane Scriptomancer" achievement was added, so I edited the  Achievements page to add it in. When I uploaded  File:Arcane_Scriptomancer.png , the thumbnail came out solid black. The resized image used in the userbox for the achievement (to display on Achievements and user pages) is similarly black. I tried re-saving the image using GIMP and re-uploading, but that did not solve the problem.

Edited 1481748540
Silvyre
Forum Champion
To me, it looked like the second version that you uploaded fixed the issue. Was that not your experience? It's strange; the first file that you uploaded was 65 KB, while the original image is 77 KB? (I re-uploaded that to test, and then reverted to your second upload.) I'm currently not seeing any issues?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've experienced similar issues when updating images on the wiki.  I believe it's just a cache issue and it eventually works out fine.  (I know, highly scientific.)
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, it looks like it's working correctly now. You can lock this one, unless a dev wants to look into why it happened in the first place. There's obviously some  kind of issue with the thumbnail generation, since the initial upload is literally the image being used for the achievement on people's profiles, and that thumbnail is still black. The other three thumbnails in the file history (including the first one, which was black when I created this thread) are all correct. Silvyre said: It's strange; the first file that you uploaded was 65 KB, while the original image is 77 KB? Likely a difference in how much metadata is saved into the file. My fix attempt took the original image, opened it in GIMP, and exported that image as a PNG. GIMP may simply save the image with less metadata than whatever was used to create the image in the first place.