Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Formatting text boxes?

I like to use text box feature on the GM Layer of a map to include details when I have a specific fight setup like so: It would be useful to be able to format this box - is there a way to do this?  Or potentialy another way I can include DM only info on the map that allows formating? Thanks.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Not an elegant solution, but you could type it up in your favorite word processor, take a screenshot of it and upload the image...
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't format those boxes, as far as I'm aware. There's a trick I use to put info on my maps: Create a character (with whatever name you want). Give this character an ability with name Show-Room-Info and text @{selected|bar1} and make this a token action. Now, put a token in your room (on the GM layer) that represents the character from above. Put /w GM, followed by whatever text you want, in the bar1 of the token. You can include the normal chat formatting in this text, for example stars for bold, underline for cursive, et cetera. Then you can select the token and click the token action, and it will whisper you all the information about the room in a formatted way. This is admittedly very different from the system you have currently set up.
Thanks for the tips.  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I do something similar to Jakob, but I bypass the character part. I have a global macro that whispers me the contents of one bar and sends another bar to the party as a desc. Prevents some character bloat.