Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder sheets] Macro to call attacks from sheet

Ok, so I am trying to make it so I don't have to open character sheets, causes lag too often with all the stuff going on, and I want to make a "show on token" macro for any selected tokens. I already have done this for saves and initiative: !power {{ --emote| @{selected|token_name} tries to save against an attack --charid|@{selected|character_id} --name|Save [[ [$Roll] 1d0 + ?{What save?| Fort, 1|Ref, 2|Will, 3}]] --?? $Roll == 1 ?? Save Type:| Fortitude! --?? $Roll == 2 ?? Save Type:| Reflex! --?? $Roll == 3 ?? Save Type:| Will! --?? $Roll == 1 ?? Save Roll:| [[1d20 + [[@{selected|Fort}]] + ?{Bonus?|0} ]] --?? $Roll == 2 ?? Save Roll:| [[1d20 + [[@{selected|Ref}]] + ?{Bonus?|0} ]] --?? $Roll == 3 ?? Save Roll:| [[1d20 + [[@{selected|Will}]] + ?{Bonus?|0} ]] }} %{selected|Roll-for-initiative} But I can't seem to find the % macro for the attacks in the character sheet. Is there something I can roll in a macro for the sheet to roll this?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hover over the roll button, it'll show in a pop-up.

Edited 1481937481
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
What PF sheet sheet are you using?  That looks like an old version of the current PF sheet or one of the others(Legacy perhaps). If hover doesn't show the attribute name for the roll, you  can use inspect element from the browser and look at the code for the roll. on the regular PF community sheet its %{selected|repeating_weapon_$X_attack-roll}  X is the row number or better yet or sub $X for the row id given at the end of each repeating attack.
Scott C. said: Hover over the roll button, it'll show in a pop-up. Doesn't show anything. Vince said: What PF sheet sheet are you using?  That looks like an old version of the current PF sheet or one of the others(Legacy perhaps). If hover doesn't show the attribute name for the roll, you  can use inspect element from the browser and look at the code for the roll. on the regular PF community sheet its %{selected|repeating_weapon_$X_attack-roll}  X is the row number or better yet or sub $X for the row id given at the end of each repeating attack. I think I just selected Pathfinder.  This is what inspect element gives me (never used before):

Edited 1481943118
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That looks like a very old version of the current Pathfinder sheet.  We used to use the button bar, seen at the top of your screen cap.  Those buttons were hard coded to repeating attacks 0-26.  Try hovering over those buttons and/or using inspect element. I can grab a copy of the old code if needed and get you a definitive answer.  I loved deleting that button bar code.  ;-) I pulled this from Nov 2015  ;-) Here's the roll for repeating attack from row 0 %{selected|repeating_weapon_ 0 _Attack} I would recommend updating to the new version some day and see how you like it. Cheers

Edited 1481966832
I started the game in October 2015 and edited the Pathfinder sheet to replace Gold, Silver, Copper for just Gil (Final Fantasy), so it most likely stopped it from getting updated.   (Last Updated: 09.03.2015) %{selected|repeating_weapon_ 0 _Attack} doesn't seem to work :/ just says: SyntaxError: Expected [0-9] but " " found. The 0 - 26 buttons on Pre-set Attack Buttons all have a % and that code you sent is for those, but they don't seem to do anything at all. EDIT: Made a copy of my game and selected Pathfinder sheet, giving me the 12/12/16 version which now works with: .%{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_Attack-roll} However updating to this version gets rid of my Gil and has deleted all the spells on the sheets. I don't want to put my 3 spell casters and myself through the trouble of re-adding all those spells and currency, though I do like some of the layouts and functions of the new sheets. Thanks for the help, guess I shall "suffer" till this campaign ends ;)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm. &nbsp;Try adding $ %{selected|repeating_weapon_$ 0 _Attack} that may not work either since this&nbsp;was part of a change made by the Devs that was a precursor to repeating tow id's and the ability to rearrange rows and button drag/drop. on my cell traveling. &nbsp;I'll investigate further and post back later. Curious about your spells. &nbsp;There is a spell migration function written into the sheet. &nbsp;It's possible your sheets pre-date the sheet's current ability to migrate. &nbsp;Chris might be able to comment on this. &nbsp;If at all possible, would you mind importing one or all of your casters into our beta campaign? &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> This will help us find any issues and hopefully make adjustments...

Edited 1482005480
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it should have copied the spells .. but that spell migration was not the best and people had a lot of problems.&nbsp; if you go to the config page &nbsp;( ⛭ tab on the right) you can see the old spells toward the bottom of the page. you can use these temporarily until you copy new ones over. note, you can drag and drop spells from the compendium to the sheet, so you don't have to type everything, it could take as little as a few minutes. here are instructions on drag and drop&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4339045/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4339045/</a> the new spells have a macro menu that is automatically configured for you, so you can click and then choose which spell to cast, instead of writing menus yourself. You could add a call to this button to your token abilities.
Vince said: Hmm. &nbsp;Try adding $ %{selected|repeating_weapon_$ 0 _Attack} that may not work either since this&nbsp;was part of a change made by the Devs that was a precursor to repeating tow id's and the ability to rearrange rows and button drag/drop. on my cell traveling. &nbsp;I'll investigate further and post back later. Curious about your spells. &nbsp;There is a spell migration function written into the sheet. &nbsp;It's possible your sheets pre-date the sheet's current ability to migrate. &nbsp;Chris might be able to comment on this. &nbsp;If at all possible, would you mind importing one or all of your casters into our beta campaign? &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> This will help us find any issues and hopefully make adjustments... Yeah, I tried that one and did't work, it doesn't seem those roll buttons have any sort of call function :/ I've joined but I do not know how to import the characters over. chris b. said: if you go to the config page &nbsp;( ⛭ tab on the right) you can see the old spells toward the bottom of the page. you can use these temporarily until you copy new ones over. note, you can drag and drop spells from the compendium to the sheet, so you don't have to type everything, it could take as little as a few minutes. here are instructions on drag and drop&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4339045/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4339045/</a> the new spells have a macro menu that is automatically configured for you, so you can click and then choose which spell to cast, instead of writing menus yourself. You could add a call to this button to your token abilities. Problem with pulling from a Compendium, we are using FFD20 a fan-made change on the normal Pathfinder system that uses Final Fantasy spells, so almost all their descriptions and details are different. Don't think we would be able to pull from that.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Now that you've joined the beta, it will show up on your available games. &nbsp;Use your Character Vault (roll20 top menu Tools|Character Vault) to import into the beta game. &nbsp;If you add/change&nbsp; your player name to the imported characters, I'll assign permissions in-game to you as well. &nbsp;Using the transmogrifier might also work... &nbsp;At least I think that's how it works. &nbsp;;-) Thanks
Verelis, Dugald and Sarkhan are the player characters. The Huge Flan is a monster that uses spells. Imported them.
Don't seem to have spells on that game either :/

Edited 1482248734
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
NapazTrix said: Don't seem to have spells on that game either :/ Appologies NapazTrix, &nbsp;I haven't had time to have a look. ;-( All attributes for your spells as well as others, should still be "intact" regardless if a sheet is trying to access/manipulate them. &nbsp;That might be an angle we can look at.
@Napaz if you're having trouble calling an attack from the old sheet it may be current enough to allow dragging the roll button from the sheet onto the macro bar.&nbsp; If it lets you do that, you can then roll the macro from the Macro Bar and use the Up Arrow in the chat window to see what command called it. Drag Roll Button to the Macro Bar &gt; Click Macro Bar Button &gt; Click in Chat window and press the UP key
Mark G. said: @Napaz if you're having trouble calling an attack from the old sheet it may be current enough to allow dragging the roll button from the sheet onto the macro bar.&nbsp; If it lets you do that, you can then roll the macro from the Macro Bar and use the Up Arrow in the chat window to see what command called it. Drag Roll Button to the Macro Bar &gt; Click Macro Bar Button &gt; Click in Chat window and press the UP key Whenever I try and drag the attack button it just "breaks" and puts an image of a dice on the top left: