Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Searching forum does not return expected results

Edited 1482153252
I did a search of a subforum (of the main forum too) and it did not return the results I expected. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. The 5e Shaped Character Sheet owner has threads starting with [5e Shaped]. I typed this into the search box as well as many other variations of this such as putting quotes around it adding booleans (AND, &, +) for and'ing the two words together but it always returns the same two threads. There are many of these, probabably in the 10's of them. What should I be doing to find this list of threads and why is it not as easy as doing what I did? thanks H

Edited 1482187550
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There are definitely quite a few issues with the forum search as it stands, e.g. colons in search terms breaks forum , which the Dev Team is aware of. I was, however, able to get a few dozen hits for "[5e Shaped]" via a search for "Shaped" in the Sheets forum . There's also the option of searching the forums using Google, which I admitted heavily use: site:roll20.net "Community Forums: [5e Shaped]" (Of course, in this particular case, you'll get the best mileage out of browsing the sheet author's topics .)
Thanks, Silvyre. I will try some of your options in the future. With the significant amount of discussions that the Dev Team is encouraging on these forums, I hope they spend some time making it a bit more user friendly. That being said. Still the best place for VTT. H