Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Api call using inline rolls

I'm having issues using an inline calculated value inside of my api. The normal api call that works is !testing --sel --value 5 (which works for me). My problem is when I am trying to use an inline calculated value instead of 5. For example, !testing --sel --value [[@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|pb}]] but instead of seeing the value 5 in the api I am getting $[[1]]. Am I doing something wrong?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I would try [[@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|pb} ]] or [[@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|pb} + 0d0 ]]
Turns out that api do not automatically use the inline calculation. In order to convert the api call to use the inline calculation I added the function from the  API:Cookbook processInlinerolls and use it to store the msg.content information which the rest of my api functions parse into their values.