Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG - D&D 3.5e - mature / experianced player

Let's start with my name is Dan. I am 41 years old and have had an affinity for role-play since the late 1970's. I started with the original box set (red) and a few cousins playing whenever we got together. I graduated to another box set (blue) and finally had a weekly game with friends. That game continued well into high school, with Sunday sessions lasting 6-8 hours... our parents loved it! :) After H.S. life happened... a new wife, a couple kids born, a career started and barely any time for anything else. In 2005 I was diagnosed with MS, and by 2010 I was finally unable to keep up with a daunting work schedule anymore so I went on SSDI. I am doing a lot better (health wise) now and find myself actively looking for things to do. I came across Roll20 and immediately fell in love again with the idea of being someone else. Currently I am running a long-running campaign with 5 others, but am looking for a chance to RP myself. Here are a few bullet points about my play-style: I am a mature player I enjoy some darker themes I prefer simple motivations rather than convoluted and/or confusing story-lines I can RP most any class I prefer human characters, but I like to have the choice I am located on the east coast, but am a night owl and can accommodate most schedules. I guess I would consider myself a "heavy RPer" as I like to emote most everything I do not like to get caught up in the "statistics" aspects of the game. Meaning that I do not want to lay out my character according to what gets the best bonuses (or loopholes) that the game allows, rather I lay out my character to what is in my head. Right or wrong. I would enjoy being with others who are like-minded rather than my age. I realize that most "my age" probably don't RP much any more :P I would enjoy hearing from you!
Hey! I am 29, and started with 2nd Edition D&D. I used to play a lot during Junior High and High School. I personally am not a fan of DMing, but love to play. When I used to play a lot we never had very many to fill rolls, so I often played 2 characters at a time. While not as heavy into the actual RP part of playing (mostly because that would have involved having a conversation with myself) I am open to adding that aspect more heavily into my gaming. Let me know if this thread opens up into some gaming! I have most of my experience with 3-3.5 ed D&D, with some experience with Rifts as well. I have played every class, but my favorites to play are Rangers, Paladins, Clerics and Rogues.
bump
bump... I'm still looking for a game. I would prefer one that the DM actually showed up at scheduled game times... apparently I needed to specify that.
bump
Does Pathfinder work for you?
Vernon Swain-Nisbet said: Does Pathfinder work for you? I don't believe so. As far as I know, it's mostly a per-established realm with published history, region based deities etc, correct? Similar to Ebberon? I have never played it before, but I can tell you as long as the mechanics are still 3.5e I am solid there. Could you briefly describe it for me? Or was I correct in my assessment?
Got my hopes up for a minute there...
Just wanted at the minimum to say welcome to the Community. I run a game called One Ring (it's lord of the rings, not a d20 system). In my 40s, roleplay still exists.
I'm going to have my first attemtp as a Dm, i got a group, one of our players dropped out, we got a cleric, a fighter and a wizard so far, if you dont mind someone new at being a Dm its D&D3.5 we will start tomorrow, at 6pm Gmt-5 let me know if youre interested
Thanks for the offer, but Wednesday's are the ONLY day that I can't make it.
bump
bump