Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Questing regarding editing sheets, as well as help request for (simple) custom design.

Edited 1482550755
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Hello! My first question is: If I make alterations to the HTML/CSS of a sheet, do current characters retain their attributes/data? Now for my help request: I am attempting to add one more tab to the D&D3.5 sheet, which would be similar to the right hand side of the "abilities" page, containing ONLY macros. This is simply a macro database/storage tab for use with other macros My intention, is to macro each 3.5 spell into a character named "Level1Spells" etc, so players can %(Level1Spells|Resistance), and have the correct spell macro dump out. I've already designed most the macros, and they work just fine, and the players can access them through buttons i placed in a journal. Storing the sheer number of spells has proved daunting though, as the macro form only stacks vertically, making a very long list I have to scroll down before I can find one to edit. Ideally this would be similar to the repeating list, with the exception of course being that I get manual control over the names of the macros, rather than "repeatinglist_number_number" which I don't expect players to memorize, nor do I want to deal with when I face compounding errors in the future :) If this is something super simple, then really I just need to be pointed in the right direction and I'm sure I can solve the problem myself. Thanks for your time! ((Additionally: Roll20 games aren't capable of handling more than one kind of sheet at a time are they? I can't for instance, build a custom sheet for this purpose to run side by side with the 3.5 sheets the players are using?))
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Changing the sheet in a campaign (either changing the system, or changing the content of a custom sheet) does not change a character's attributes, outside of a sheet worker script on that sheet changing them. And no, a single campaign cannot currently have more than one kind of sheet, although something like  that was part of the initial design for character sheets, and it may yet see the light of day.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Well then it would appear I'll need to add an extra tab to the sheets we've got, time to crack my knuckles and start learning CSS again lol. TY!