Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolltemplate breakdown?

So, I'm trying to make a "generic" rolltemplate for my sheet, so users can use it if they want but aren't stuck using as I wrote it into the sheet for everything that can be rolled. I think I got the css (?) .sheet-rolltemplate-AFCB_test { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width:95%; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;background: url("<a href="http://www.commentnation.com/backgrounds/images/parchment_paper_seamless_pattern.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.commentnation.com/backgrounds/images/parchment_paper_seamless_pattern.jpg</a>"); &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;background-size: 189px 100%; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;color: #FFF; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;font-size: 11px; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;-webkit-border-radius: 5px; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;-moz-border-radius: 5px; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;border-radius: 5px; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;border: #7C0303 1px solid; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;padding: 5px 0px; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;box-sizing: border-box; } Beyond that, I don't know how to write the html... All I've got is &lt;rolltemplate class="rolltemplate-AFCB-test" style="hidden"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; {{name=Test}} {{bar 1=[[d10]]}} &lt;/rolltemplate&gt; and yes, I am aware that it will never work that way. What I don't know, is how to make it work. I've been beating my head against this particular bit for 3-4 days on and off. Any help would be appreciated. :D
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Have you read this bit about&nbsp; roll templates ? It talks all about how to implement them and even provides some examples. &nbsp;I'd say take a look at that, and take a stab at your own, and then if you still need help, post your code and what it's doing wrong, or not doing at all. &nbsp; If it helps, just think of a roll template as a mini-web page that displays certain pieces of information. &nbsp;All you need to do is format the page how you want and put some placeholders where the dynamic data will be displayed. &nbsp;
I have, but I don't speak html and have no idea what most of that page says, much less means. Thinking I'm just going to scrap it and move on.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't want to sound harsh because that's not what I mean, but how do you manage to create character sheet(s ?) without knowing at least a bit of HTML?
Patterns. HTML is all repeating patterns. Identifying the pattern and replicating or switching out pieces of it isn't hard. Doesn't mean I can read or really understand it though.

Edited 1482804396
Corin S.
Sheet Author
So, are you just seeking to define a generic template a la &nbsp;the default? Or do you need specific fields from your sheet on the template?