Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][Mon 6 PM PST] Shadow of The Demon Lord

Edited 1482994124
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
The End Is Just the Beginning Sometimes the world needs heroes. But in the desperation of these last days, the world will take all those it can get: heroes, blackguards, madmen, and whoever else is willing to stand against the coming darkness. Will you fight the demons or will you burn it all down and dance among the ashes? Who will you become when the world dies? The Emperor lies dead, strangled on the Alabaster throne by the Orc King & his army of risen orc slaves who have shattered their chains. War, famine, & disaster strike everywhere as the Demon Lord draws ever nearer, the calls of the mad faithful pulling him into the world. Within the northern frontier,one of the last remnants of the Empire & furthest from the the capital. The last vestiges of imperial authority attempt to maintain order even while disaster looms ever closer. Armies of refugees & displaced citizens begin to wear down ever dwindling stockpiles. Hello, I’m currently looking for 1-2 more to join in a Shadow of the Demon Lord Campaign. Shadow of the Demon Lord is a more rp-focused game somewhat based off the old Warhammer Fantasy 2nd RPG.Two things I’m looking for is someone who's reliable & can make the game when they say they can & really does want to play, as well have a good attitude, Shadow of the Demon Lord is a game with extremely deadly combat & a story about loss & struggle but despite all that continuing to fight against adversity. We use skype & discord for our games. If you are are new to RPGs, I don’t mind other than you make an effort to learn the game & try to fit into the story. About me: 23 year university student majoring in CIS. Been playing RPGs for the past 6 years & I’ve GMed a good number of systems such as DnD, M&M, Warhammer 40k, ASoIF, Paranoia. My time zone is PST, on the west Coast. I enjoy using dynamic lighting & API scripts in my game. If you’re interested, please post the following below. Age: Why you want to play: Type of character you like to play: Any questions for the GM:

Edited 1483204947
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Thanks for the interest Paul, players will be starting at level 1 , not 0, I just felt like the jump in skills from 0 to 1 was a bit much especially if the character has been a warrior/priest/wizard/rogue long before the game has started. As for what kind of character, I meant more in terms of personality & goals. As for the other books, nooooo, alot of that lore is GM-specific, so that'd spoil alot of the campaign. I will allow options from the other books except for ANY sort of fey. (Aside from those in core)
Age: 27 Why You Want to Play: Well I've played this games a few times before but I've yet to do a full proper campaign. I've got quite a few of the books so I'm pretty familiar with the material. I've also played a variety of roleplaying games so I'm an old hand at them Type of Character: I'm thinking a goblin at the moment one with a more rogue bent, very much a striker character I suppose. No questions, I can definitely make the time if you'll have me and I do have both skype and discord.
If you guys are still taking apps: Age : 30 Why you want to play : Played this game shortly after it came out with a small group here in town. Unfortunately the group couldn't hold together, but I have many of the stuff to still play. This is actually my first RPG played and I would enjoy getting back into it. I enjoy the darker aspect and character development that comes with it. Type of character you like to play : I'm open for any type, but I usually lean to more of a support class, especially rogue/jack of all trades (no literally, the level 7 JoAT). I still have some leftover unused sheets that can be easily adapted to the current game or make up new ones easily. Any questions for the GM : Will the scenarios/chapters be more dungeon diving, dialogue oriented, or a mixture? Last campaign I was in was very combat intense and didn't focus on character building or social interactions. Nothing wrong with it, just influences possible character building.
@Matthew The game is meant to be more serious, ooc, I don't mind joking around but IC, would prefer it to be more accurate to the world. While there MAY be dungeons, that wholly depends on the character's actions, nor do I want it to be strictly combat. Overall though I would say its a mixture of a politics & some combat. Hope this answered your question.
Age: 20 Why you want to play: Because I love the Fantasy universe, plus ORCS! and that I have a very strong sense of Warhammer Fantasy fix I need to fix thanks to Total Warhammer. Type of character you like to play: Well, A Black Orc, if it's possible, and if not, then an Orc that's more into Melee only and more of a Gork Mindset Any questions for the GM: Um, how is the group made up of, and can I play as Orcs.