Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Tokens often appear on the wrong layer

When I dragon a token from the journal, I expect it to appear on the currently active layer. However it seems to go to different layers. Anywhere from background, to token to gm layer. This is particularly annoying when i want to add something sneakily and not let the player see it. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
1383635118
Gauss
Forum Champion
I haven't ever seen that happen before. Could you provide a screenshot of your game when it happens? - Gauss
I am reliably having it happen in one of the combinations right now. I put it on token layer, drag in a guy, he lands on gm layer. This is not a big deal, its the opposite one that happens thats a problem(and it does happen). In this image you can see the guy added right under the #30 is partially transparent because he is on GM layer though right after i added him I moused over the layer chooser to show which layer i'm on. Also a quick followup question, are there any good tricks to have hidden guys go on the initiative tracker without the player seeing them?
1383639455
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please send me a join link so I can come take a look. Regarding keeping hidden guys on the initiative tracker, if they are on the GM layer others cannot see them. - Gauss
Guess this is happening on prod as well as dev. The issue is the character sheet remembers what layer the token was on when you created a default token. So whenever you pull a token, it puts it back on the same layer as when you made the default token.
1383656855
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, I have confirmed that this is occurring. I will ask the Devs if this is a bug or if it is a design decision. Tom , my suggestion would be to reset the default token with the token on the layer you want to be the default layer. - Gauss
1383659951

Edited 1383660105
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Just something we never thought about. I'll get it changed on Dev here shortly. Edit: This should be fixed on Dev. It will be fixed on Main when Rugged Reroll comes out in December.
Thanks guys! Glad I could help out.