Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tile Fitting

Why don't my dungeon tiles fit together? I bought two different sets (caves&dungeons) but the openings on each tile don't seem to math the next tile I try to connect. Am I missing something?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Can you link the two sets you're using?
They are the same set. One is caves, they don't line up. Second is dungeons and they don't line up.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Right.  I can't help you figure out the problem if I don't know the set though.  Can you link the marketplace set?
I think it might roll20 table. i haven't tried anyhting else yet but i just dropped them right into roll20 and maybe they snap to size which screws with fitting. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1244/save-vs-cave-labyrinthine-dungeon?purchased=true" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1244/save-vs-cave-labyrinthine-dungeon?purchased=true</a>
Yeah, it's the drag and drop size that's the issue. You have to read each tile's size and make sure it's that size to get it to lineup.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, I'm glad you were able to solve the problem. &nbsp;The scaling not being preserved is a know issue, sadly.

Edited 1483659445
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Howdy.&nbsp; If there's a sizing issue the names of each piece include its intended size (you can of course double this for all pieces and it should work fine for you as well).&nbsp; To connect the Labyrinthine dungeons to the caves you'll need to use one of the included "cave to dungeon connectors".&nbsp; Hope that helps! Edit:&nbsp; I see I was beat to the punchline.&nbsp; Happy gaming!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gabe has excellent map tiles, especially the Save Vs Cave series. As stated, look at the name of the tile if it says "SVCL Corner 5x6" then right click on the tile go to advanced settings, enter dimensions, change the box from pixels to units, and enter 5x6. They will snap right into place then. I use his SVC tiles a lot, and they all work beautifully at their set size, though as he mentioned, you can double that size and they still look wonderful. I do that with his "Slap Down Town" pack and have made some beautiful town maps with those tiles.... still waiting on some coast tiles for the Slap Downs *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge*