Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting Compatability with PNG objects

Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'm not sure if someone suggested this yet, but it'd be nice if we could use PNG files to make Dynamic Lighting quicker and easier. I make maps all the time (for marketplace and personal use) and have separate layers in Photoshop for walls floors objects etc, and would love to use the layer of Walls with a slight "feather" effect to include both in my packs on the marketplace and when I make maps for myself and friends so we all don't have to go "click click click" for hours during prep time. Just drop the "dynamic walls" down and set dimensions and BOOM! It's ready to go! If this suggestion is already out there, please move this thread to its predecessor and I will give that thread my vote, and all of my players and friends will too! As always, thanks DEVS! You guys rock!
Well, maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but there is TheAaron's great  Walls script . You could give that a try.
. o O ( I should change the link to "TheAaron's  Great Wall script"...)
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks, Arthur! I do use that script! I was more so referring to the Dynamic lighting layer to recognize PNG objects. As a marketplace creator, I would include a PNG matching all of the walls in my maps for the convenience of the end user. 
MeditatingMunky said: Thanks, Arthur! I do use that script! I was more so referring to the Dynamic lighting layer to recognize PNG objects. As a marketplace creator, I would include a PNG matching all of the walls in my maps for the convenience of the end user.  From what I understand, dynamic lighting depends on vector based "walls" for the calculation. So I don't think there is an easy way to implement using PNG for the DL.  But I'd love to see some kind of direct SVG import for the DL layer. Then you could provide a vector file of the walls - straight out of PS (I think I saw SVG export in the CC version now... not completely sure about it, though.)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .