Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D5e][Shaped] Problems when updating sheet to V7.12.2 - Help needed

Edited 1483881522
Hello, I have 4 Players in a D&D 5E Gestalt campaign using the Shaped Character Sheets in a free ( not pro ) account. We haven´t played for a few months, so it went through an update process on each of my players. 3 of those went fine, the fourth player has a really old laptop, so the update froze on her and she had to shutdown the browser and restart it. I went to have a look at her Sheet and it said "updating" in the top right corner for me, so I assumed after I´d update the character sheet for her, she´d be able to use it normally. However, after the update was done, the entire Spell section (Between "Attack" and "Armor") was missing from her sheet - the other casters were able to see theirs. Having a look at the sheet "Attributes&Abilities", I noticed that ( comparing it to another sheet ) both of her classes ( "warlock_level" ,"rogue_level" ) were gone from her sheet. All other attributes, including spell_dc, proficiency bonusses, etc. are there. After adding those to the sheet and playing around with a few of the spell slots by comparing those data to the other sheets, I still wasn´t able to let the spellcasting section reemerge on her sheet. So, i assume some of the data of the sheet got lost in the update process and I am still missing crucial information for shaped to recognire her as a valid caster with a selection of spells. Does anybody know which attributes are needed for a warlock in order for the spell section to show up on the sheet? Kind regards

Edited 1483885252
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Daniel, Thanks for the detailed information. I'm sorry to hear the upgrade didn't complete for one of your characters. I'd recommend opening that player's sheet for them in the future to avoid any similar issues. I would firstly recommend duplicating the character so you have a backup. With the duplicate I'd recommend trying to see if you can get the upgrades to run again. To do this go to the "Attributes & Abilities" tab of sheet and look for a field named "version". Change this to "7.0.3" (without the quotes). Or choose an earlier version if you remember what version you last played on. Close the sheet and then reopen it. This will force the upgrades from 7.0.4 and above to rerun, thus migrating all the spells from the old repeating section to the new one. I expect that'll work, but if not then edit the warlock level down 1 level and then back up 1 level and it'll recalculate for you. It'll then show the new spell area (which will be empty unless the upgrade migrated the data over). You can then drag the needed spells from the SRD. Again I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out flawlessly. If option 1 doesn't work and option 2 is too cumbersome I can take a look if you'd like. Let me know.
Ahoi! Copied the sheet and set the version. Closing and reopening the sheet didnt cause the update to run. In the sheet it still showed 7.12.2. However, setting the warlock class to 1 and resetting it to 9 did the trick. At first glance it looks like everything is there. Thank you kindly for your support. Game on, Daniel