Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forum Post Won't Allow Edit

Edited 1483924205
I'm not sure what's going on I attempted to see if there was some kind of word limit.  By typing out lkjljl;sja;f ljasdlfkj;asdjf  a few times in a long post now it won't even let me erase that jibberish.  Whats going on with the forums.  None of my edits are saving. Also lately sometimes when I click JOIN GAME, under some of the campaigns it asks me to download something.  Then again sometimes when I load a page for Roll20 it just shows me the pages code.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Volomon, is this happening in a game forum or the general community forum? If it is the general community, can you give a link to it? It should never ask you to download anything. What is the request for? It sounds as if there is a virus involved. I would recommend running an antivirus (restart in safe mode before running it) then clear your cache to be sure you have it cleared out of your temp files for your browser. If that doesn't help, let us know and we can start with something more aggressive such as our troubleshooting steps.

Edited 1483926192
I think it's requesting me to download the campiagn it's essentially (nameofcampaign).php or something.  It's been happening since 2 days ago.  I've also come to the Roll20 page and was met with just code. I've solved the issue, with the thread.  It appears certain combinations of characters and unicode (?) whatever is locking up the forums at times.  I've had it while talking to one of the Mod Team in a thread before.  It prevented anyone from posting to the thread, not just me.  This most recent one seemed to result from using the Table function and using random characters. I noticed if I just copy and paste everything to a new thread and close the old one it's fine.  Someone should probably look into it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It should never be requesting that. It should be only displaying it. I'm going to bump this up the chain so that others will look into this.

Edited 1483929406
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Are you using BitDefender, by chance?