Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Clicking through Token to Associated Character Sheet?

Edited 1483951160
As title asks, is there any API script or anything currently that allows you to access the character sheet of a token through the token instead of through the journal tab? This seems like a really simple QoL thing that I'm surprised is not offered, it's relevant to any game system. The token is already getting other info from the sheet. I guess the only other recourse would be to make a token macro for every token that manually links to its journal sheet?  feel like it's possible I'm just missing something, but I've been through a lot of stuff in roll20 use and haven't stumbled upon any way to do this.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Isaiah, by  shift+click you can access a token sheet as long as it is the default token for that journal entry.
You can use ALT+double-click to open the character sheet for the linked entry

Edited 1483975763
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Minor corrections from Represents Character : If a Token represents a Character, you can open that Character to its Bio & Info Tab by holding down Shift and double-clicking on that Token or by holding down Shift and single-clicking on its Token Settings icon. Holding down Alt instead of Shift will open that Character to its Attributes & Abilities Tab . That is to say, it is not necessary that a Token be a Character's  Default Token to be able to use the aforementioned shortcuts. There is also presently no analogous shortcut to open a Character to its Character Sheet Tab.
Glad I was right to feel I was just missing something in the documentation. Thank you guys!