Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't grant access to Roll20 in Google Hangouts

I have been trying to run a game via Roll20 in Google Hangouts, when I do it asks me to grant permission to Roll20, when I click continue an error pops up and won't let me run the app.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm seeing the same behavior.  I get this popup when I try to authorize Roll20: I know that Google has been changing the way that Hangouts Extensions work of late.  I'll move this to the bug forum.
Thank you, this is exactly what I have.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It appears to be a change made on Google's end. We're investigating and will provide more information when it's available.
Stewart W.
Marketplace Creator
Any update on this yet?
Same problem here... very very frustrating. Hope to hear a solution pop-up soon!
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
My 13th Age Alliance game didn't launch in G+ Hangouts on Sunday, Sydney time. Hangouts started, the Roll20 icon showed a progress spinner, but all I got was a black pane and no Roll20. Once the players joined Hangouts we could all use it for audio, but my game never appeared. I took the opportunity to migrate to Discord for audio and will discontinue using Hangouts. 
Same Here It's very frustrating because I want to play Star Wars FFG with some friends and FFG special dices doesn't exit in your web app. But a plugin for hangout exists When this problem should be fixed ?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Google made some changes on their end, we're assuming in preparation of deprecating Hangouts permanently in April. We've made some adjustments and Hangouts should be working with Roll20 again with two main caveats: 1) You have to be logged into Roll20 before joining the hangout. Previously we were able to detect and log you in from your G+ account. 2) If Hangouts is not authorized by your computer/browser Roll20 will fail and you have to authorize Hangouts and try again.

Edited 1484016096
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
eric b. said: Same Here It's very frustrating because I want to play Star Wars FFG with some friends and FFG special dices doesn't exit in your web app. But a plugin for hangout exists When this problem should be fixed ? This is not true. FFG SW's unique dice work as both rollable tables and there is a great API script that handles the system.  Here is Adam Koebel, Roll20's GM in Residence, running it on stream using Roll20 .
To make sure I understand-- Does this mean that as of April, Roll20 will no longer be integrated with Hangouts? AD
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Adrian D. said: To make sure I understand-- Does this mean that as of April, Roll20 will no longer be integrated with Hangouts? AD That is correct.  No applications will work with Hangouts after April .
Thanks for answering. Much appreciated.  I guess we'll be testing the WebRTC.  Given I live in a rural area and have a max 3Mbps download (much slower upload),  I fear I'll run into issues. But you never know!. Worst case just run a different audio video solution while playing. Cheers, AD