Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] for warlocks

I've never used the shaped sheets before and I'm having trouble setting up the spells for warlocks.  Mostly having trouble with spell slots and casting at higher level, since warlocks always cast their spells at the highest level I'm having trouble with the spell slots and spells casting at a higher level seems to throw out a bunch of dice and drop like 2 of them (3d dice the roll in chat doesn't show the 2 extra dice)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you provide some steps to reproduce on a clean character? For example: Level 5 warlock drag burning hands to sheet from the SRD click burning hands expect spell to be cast at 3rd level, but it is cast at 1st.
1. level 5 warlock 2. Hellish Rebuke from SRD 3. cast
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Master Azroth said: 1. level 5 warlock 2. Hellish Rebuke from SRD 3. cast Following this reproduction path Hellish Rebuke is cast as a 3rd level " 1st-level (as 3) evocation ". The damage was 31 damage. This all seems correct. Is there something else going wrong?
Hellish Rebuke at 3rd level should roll 4d10 (2d10 damage + 1d10 for level 2 + 1d10 for level 3) but it always rolls 6 3D dice but in chat it shows it rolled 4 dice

Edited 1484154427
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hellish rebuke does roll 4d10: The extra 2d10 displayed via 3D dice are coming from crit damage. That could be turned off for spells without attacks (but couldn't for spells with attacks, even if it doesn't crit) due to how the the roll template processes. If you'd like this improved so the crit dice are not rolled for non-attack spells then please open an issue on my  issue tracker .
No now that I know where they are coming from I'm good, I was just confused as hell
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI Hellish rebuke will be cleaned up in 8.3.0 to no longer roll those dice. Anything (spell, attack, action) with an attack will still roll the crit dice. #88: [3D Dice] Crit damage dice should only show for attacks