Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initative and Quantum Roll Server

Is anyone else having issues using Aaron's awesome GroupInitiative script? For a while now (four or more weeks), it's been very slow when it works and fairly often it doesn't work at all and I get:   There was an error communicating with the QuantumRoll server. -undefined I pay attention to the forums, and I haven't noticed anyone else having issues.  So maybe it's just me. I figured I'd ask before I start trouble-shooting.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Three, can you supply a console log while trying to use it? Is there any errors cropping up, other than the one you posted?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'd try re-installing GroupInitiative (use the One Click version), clearing its state, and setting it up again to see if that resolves any issues.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
So, does it crash the API, or just fail to add?  How many creatures are you selecting at a time and what are your rules?  Also, what character sheet, if any.
Pat:  Console log below Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: There was an error communicating with the QuantumRoll server. undefined Silvyre:  I tried the reinstall and the very first use got the above message.  How would I clear the state? Aaron:  It crashes the API about 25% of the time, the other 75% it takes about 10s for it to set up the Tracker.  In this case, I selected 4 characters.  It's the 5e OGL sheet.  Rules are close to standard for 5e D&D (I changed the bonus stat groups slightly, but that's it). Edited to fix typo of 20s to 10s.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Does the behavior change if you select different tokens?  Or if you select only 1 token? This would clear the state for GroupInit, put it in as a script and save, then once it starts up, remove (or disable) it: delete state.GroupInitiative;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Note: I don't think clearing the state will do anything. 
So a few things. The quantum server communication error was probably my own fault.  I noticed I had it call !group-init twice.  (Copy/paste error in a macro.) It was still slow after removing the double-call, but once I cleared the state, it is fast like it used to be. The state issue was prob my fault as well due to the double-calls. Since I removed the double call, and reset the state, it's fast like it used to be In 8 uses, has no had a problem communicating w/ the server.   I seem to remember the problem starting roughly about the time I redid my macros (moved them to a DM character to make porting them to other games easier).  So it makes sense. Thanks for the help!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Wild!  Glad you got it sorted out!  I'll have to see if I can cause it with a double call.