Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Docker Error

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The name "/campaign-1711329-nTLh46rinrsHrpdOYQcFCA" is already in use by container 115a383084f59101381c62f33b1b4c306cc0bf9999afce517d0d32b1313f1140. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.. See 'docker run --help'.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue resolved itself after a few minutes, but it seems you'd want to prevent this in the future if you can.

Edited 1484791603
I can report that I (and a friend) get a similar issue -- I've been getting the same error which resolves itself after I disable all of my scripts and wait a short moment. For some reason, I've pinpointed it to happen commonly around 2 AM PST, and it affects all of my roll20 campaigns, including ones that have only one or no scripts.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I spotted that a few times exactly at 2am Pacific as well. Whenever it happens I just create a new script and paste the text over.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As far as I can tell it's simply a collision in  Docker , and there's not much you can do about it other than to let it fix itself.
Yeah, I just checked, it happened again at exactly 2 AM PST. It only happens however if the scripts are running (i.e. the campaign is active). Is there any word on dev side if it can be looked into?
Hmmm...interesting. The API system restarts itself nightly at around that time, so that might be what's causing it. In theory it should shut down all existing docker containers before it restarts them anyway.  Honestly I might just disable that because it's really a leftover deal from a long time ago when the API system was much less stable than it is now... But yeah I'll look into it.