Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mongoose Traveler [EST, Homebrew, New Players]

Edited 1484710953
Hey there, So, I got a game going with a few friends and we're looking to fill the party out a little more. Currently, we have a melee tank, long range glass cannon and a fairly useless bug. Could use a party face or a general INT, EDU and SOC skill monkey. If you're new to Traveler, this is a great chance to learn. Most of the party has never played or only got one session under their belts. I, myself, am not terribly well versed with the system (when compared to something like 3.5). We play Fridays and do long sessions, ideally 12 to 12, realistically, its more like 2 or 4 to 12. There will be many breaks. I have a little one to look after and her needs come first, but she is very well behaved and makes it all very easy. For those interested in joining, you can reply here or PM me. Thanks.
No replies. Time to add a little ore, mayhaps? So, our campaign takes place on Earth in an alternate reality. Late in the medieval age, a giant crystalline structure known as The Light came to Earth and gifted the humans with vast knowledge which they used to quickly industrialize, but still with a somewhat medieval aesthetic. Along with The Light, several alien races also came to Earth to welcome them into their circle. An entire religion revolves around The Light and many humans quickly adopted it. Unsurprisingly, the bad dudes show up called The Dark Ones, black as tar, covered in slick scales or varying body shapes and sizes show up and destroy The Light. Once destroyed, fragments scatter across the galaxy and the party is tasked with retrieving those fragments to potentially reassemble The Light. That's where you'll be dropped in. The party currently has one session under its belt and two fragments tucked away (one from a mission, another from a random encounter) and they're looking to broaden the roster. There are 10 races to choose from, all with advantages and drawbacks and some who are simply better than others (evolution on a galactic scale is a bitch, deal) and many others that the party will encounter with more almost certain to come. Currently, we have a brutish Gurushi (a bear-like race of warriors) tank, a streetwise Kaysar (a reptilian-like race of scoundrels and warriors, depending) glass cannon and a sort of psionic Zect'el (an flying insectile race) with a somewhat ambiguous role other than "I'm psionic".  Let's see if this additional information helps draw an extra player out of the woodwork.
You say 12 to 12 but no Time Zone or Day. You also don't say if it's mongoose traveller 1st edition or 2nd edition.
You're right, I edited the first post just now. We play Fridays and the timezone is EST. I'm actually not sure which edition it is, I believe it's 2e.

Edited 1484724187
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As you've started a new thread for this game offering, I'll close this one for you. :)