Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Just saying hello. Roll20 Rocks

So I recently purchased the highest level mentor package. I have been using roll20 for about 3 months now, 1 of them involved in running an actual campaign, and most of them just using the tools to help me evaluate them, and the tools you guys put together have enabled me to run the best campaign I have ever run after 10 years of Game Mastering. My most current campaign is a home brew system ( I have run only homebrew for basically ever) based in the Warhammer 40k Universe. Using roll20 and google hangouts I was able to recruit the best role-players I know and run a tactically complicated 6 hour+ game without a single soul breaking character. I have players coming back to me after the game, telling me that this is the best they have ever played. I was skeptical of live action games on the computer, but roll20 has made a believer out of me. Now I don't think that roll20 is complete. It really needs folders for music. art assets and Journals It also needs more options in terms of chat formatting. Given that HTML is based mostly upon css styles, i could easily see a system implemented where you could control your own styles. For example, I would love to color code player actions. So if a player does something , forcing a style on that would make it much easier for me to track those numbers. Another awesome investment would be a better more intuitive map editor. I mostly draw maps from out of roll20 resources, and just blow them up huge so they work with hex maps (my preferred map style because they tend to be more realistic in terms of tactical movement.) At the same time, roll20 is fantastic. It enables me to automate much of math side of things so we can focus on the RP side of things. Something about the online environment encourages people to stay in character all the time, and advance the the story. It drives interest, focuses the imagination, and generally has been a positive thing for roleplay based purists such as myself. So accolades to the roll20 team for creating that platform. I think you guys might have tapped something awesome here, and i'm very hopeful for what you can accomplish in the future.
Indeed it is fantastic, and good of you to make a post with your "review" in it, always cheers me up when I read one :) As for folders for music, yes, +1 on that for all time. I really should look around if there are any suggestions to that effect anywhere.
Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate the support.