Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Iron Kingdoms: FMF [GMT +2]

Hey! I'm thinking about running a one shot game to test Roll 20, and the Iron Kingdoms: Full Metal Fantasy system. The game will use IK introductory scenario and regenerated characters. Time: I'm GMT +2, and am free almost all day till 00:00, so time is flexible. I don't think the game will take more than 3 to 4 hours. Players needed: 3-4 players. As you can guess form this post, English is not my first language, so this game will also be a test of my ability to run games in English. If everything will go fine, the system will be up to snuff, and I will find out my English is sufficient to run games, this can grow into a fully fledged campaign. The players should have access to a microphone, and be able to use it with R20 or Skype. Please leave your comments or questions in his topic.
Count me in when the time comes. Long time player and Retirubution Partisan.
I have never heard of Iron Kingdoms, what is this system about?

Edited 1384037300
OK, so, Iron Kingdoms. It's a setting first and foremost. It's a world in which magic and technology collide. A world of 3 meter tall steam golems and arcano-mechnical machines. The setting was first created for D&D 3.0. Then came to editions of a miniatures wargame set in th said setting. Now Privateer Press rebooted their RPG line, using a system derived from the wargame. The game engine is quite simple, and follows the principles, used in the wargame (no grid, measuring with a tape or a ruler). Even the ruleset is just an expanded wargame, that got aditional stats, skills and gear bolted to it. The characters are created by: 1) Choosing a race: Human, Rhulfolk (Dwarf), Iosan (Elf), Nyss (another kind of elf), Gobber (goblin/gnome/kender hybrid), Trollkin or Ogrun (an oversized human). 2) Choose an archetype: Mighty (hit it until it stops moving), Skilled (a rogue, basically), Intellectual (think a lot, coordinate allies) or Gifted (cast spells, pray to gods, kill stuff with mind bullets). 3) Pick a combination of 2 careers. The core book got 30 careers, additional books have something like 20 more between them. The career combination will give you your starting abilities, skills, gear and money, and also govern your progression. If you want to play an Inquisitor - pick Investigator and Priest. A military steamjack mechanic - Field Mechanic and Soldier. A noble knight? Noble/Knight, duh! (Our one shot will have pregenerated characters). Main differences in combat is griddles movement and character facing. Combat is quite tactical, without turning into roleplaying chess, like DnD 4E (sorry, 4E fans, I just don't like 4E combat). A lot of equipment has special rules, that create a feel that you are using different stuff, and not just a "weapon" that deals slightly different damage (I'm talking about knockdowns, knockouts, setting people on fire or blinding them.) Well, in this system you can command huge steam powered golems, who smash faces. The setting is quite interesting, with distinct nations and races. There's a lot of stuff to discover and investigate, and just a lot of stuff happening. Some of the stuff that the Iron Kingdoms setting has: * An empire of half-mechanical undead, ruled by an ancient dragon/god. * A horde of mutated winter elves, blighted by an offspring of the said dragon/god. * A theocracy, that likes to kill stuff with fire and crusade from time to time. * MOTHER RUSSIA with bears and vodka! * Hidden cult of druids worshipping an ancient avatar of predation. * Scary humanoid conqueror race, that could invade form the east. * A scary human nation of necromancer/vikings from beyond the western ocean, that had enslaved the Iron kingdoms for 600 years, and vere driven out 400 years ago (but they are still out there). * A cult of a Clockwork Goddess, whose priests transfer their souls into mechanical bodies. And more cool stuff! Wow, I got carried away.

Edited 1384038203
Actually, the only Khadoran that has a bear is a Merc. lol Also, again... put me in the game coach!
And what about the Great Bears of Gallowswood? Ok, we need another 2 victi... erm... players, and we can do this. I have free days starting Thursday. If we can get enough victi.. hmmm... players till then, it would be awesome. I'll repeat, there is no preparation needed from the players, everything is ready.
I ment in actual minitures lol. Also, theres a small problem on my end. Im a combat vet actually in inpatient treatment (anger/ptsd) till the end of the month. Because of that I wont be able to play until then. But keep me on the list cause if it goes longer than one shot Im definately wanting to play and I have the books and am familer (albeit with a little refresh) with the system.
OK, I'll keep you in mind in this one shot turns into a campaign.
Found a player. Need two more.

Edited 1384171590
Hi, Vladimir. I'd join in. Never played IK before, but I'll find the rules. I'm GMT+4, and can play most every evening, except for Sunday. Saturday is preferable. EDIT: rules obtained. EDIT2: if we don't make our own characters (which sucks), then dibs on the mage (if there is one)
If the playtest will go fine, we'll start a new game with player made characters. There is a mage, an Investigator/Arcanist.

Edited 1384176596
Is there a Gun Mage? If no, then I'll go with Mage.
The pregens are: Human Arcanist/Investigator Human Alchemist/Thief Trollkin Bounty Hunter/Man-at-Arms Human Field Mechanic/Soldier The group also gets a Steamjack named Doorstop.
Human Arcanist/Investigator Yoink.