Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lost: ALL My Macros, Settings, Etc!

So I was running The Color Animal Inn tonight. Same exact game as I had played several times recently. At one point the following things happened: A new player joined. I tried to use a macro button. The game appeared to freeze. I reloaded the page.   At this point, ALL of my macros were erased from existence. Gone. Not visible in quick bar, no longer in the macro tab. As if they had never been made at all. In addition, at the same time, my player settings were reset (yes I was GM at the time.) My player color was randomized, and my audio/video settings were turned back on. Effectively, it seems as if I were a new player in my own game! Other players joined, and were also unable to see the macros. I cloned the campaign. The clone had the same lack-of-macros. In addition, the players (Still waiting in the original copy) were shown to be present in the (new) copy! Their player icons were visible, but they were not 'speaking' nor did they see what I typed. Yes, I duplicated the player permissions etc. I do not know why they were shown as present, as I thought they would have to 'join' the cloned copy. I have not done any testing on this aspect. I did eventually manage to find an older copy of the game, and was able to manually copy the macros (VERY needed in my game!) and we had no further difficulties. The 'current' copy is labeled Jan 22. The duplicated copy has the same label, followed by "Copy". I will keep them as-is in hopes that they will hold some clue as to what happened. Is this a known issue? Should I watch out for it happening again? Can I take any steps to prevent that? Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks! -Phnord, the puzzled GM
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the notification about your issue Phnord. That is very puzzling as this is the first time I've seen it reported (doesn't mean it hasn't happened but just it is the first time for me) so I would recommend a few things. Can you provide a&nbsp; console log from the game that it happened in originally? Did you try clearing your cache? Not expecting it to help but just to be sure. If you want the Devs to look into it, you might want to drop them an email at <a href="mailto:Team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@roll20.net</a> and explain what happened. Give them as much detail as possible including a link to the game. If you want them to roll back your game, please provide the time and date you want so they can try to get it as close as possible.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've had this happen a couple times (or at least something very similar). Sometimes when I reload the game boots up, but doesn't load any thing in the right bar. The journal will be blank, macros, rollable tables, decks, everything. The first time I panicked, but a refresh fixed it for me (this is where it starts to diverge from Phnord's experience). I've also never had the issue with players joining not being able to see the assets, but then again I've never had it happen to me during game time, only during prep.