Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder] Getting "Max Dex" condition and can't figure out why

So after filling out some of the basics of my character, adding his armor, ability scores I check my AC and find it's not adding my +2 dex bonus, I notice I have a condition called "Max Dex" upon highlighting it the text elaborates saying "Maximum Dexterity to AC limited due to armor or encumbrance" yet I have not entered the weight of any of his items, there's no place in the Attack and Defense tabs for such values, so I have no idea what's going on. His choice of armor is Hide which is which is Medium armor, +4 AC, Max Dex +3, ACP -3. His Str and Con are both 16, he's proficient in the armor and he should have a +2 bonus to AC from his 14 dex. Anyone know what might be causing this off hand? I have a sneaking suspicion this is a common error people get, and I've always gotten frustrated and lost with the niddy gritty of filling out Pathfinder sheets, mess one thing up and the whole sheet divides by zero I swear. That might just be me being a nublet though, lol. I can post screenshots of my various tabs if that would help, I don't know if there is a way to share my sheet directly.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some ideas: On the Inventory page, scroll to the bottom where it says "current load" make sure "heavy" load is not checked. On the defenses page: hit the arrows just to the left of the armor and shields to expand all 6 rows and see if any are filled in with a max dex of 0 or 1  if it's not one of those it could be a condition or buff causing it. in which case please post a screenshot. But I bet it is heavy checked on inventory tab.
The second one fixed, it didn't think changing it to zero would cause that to happen. Thanks chris! :D
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes it has to be 99. In the beta, i fixed it so you can enter a dash , or just delete the field entirely (and it will put a dash in) which makes it more like the paper entries.