Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players can see aura without "See" box checked, and of token on GM layer

Hello, I'm running into an odd issue where my players can see an aura on a token that I have put on the GM layer, as well as one of a token that is on the object layer but is an NPC, not set to be edited and controlled by anyone, and the "See" button is not checked for the aura. I can see this problem when I select one of their tokens and use the control-L shortcut, and they have mentioned it, also.  If you are a moderator with access to my games, this is on the Chapter 2 game, on the campsite page, the gray auras; the secret token is on the fire pit, and the object layer token is Vyerith.  Any ideas why this might be happening, or is there something about the situation I am misunderstanding?  Thank you for your help!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, the ctrl-l isn't actually a problem as that is how it is supposed to work, only showing you the DL effects on a token's vision.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Try clicking re-join as a player and see if the aura is still visible. As the GM, even using ctrl+L, you'll still see the GM Layer token and aura, as Scott said.
Ok, that is good to know about control-L. I did in fact try rejoining as a player, though, and saw the same thing. 😕
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
weird. Can you screen shot what you're observing, or shoot me an invite link in a message, promote me to GM, and I'll take a look?
Just tried again re-joining as a player, and can't reproduce the problem (i.e. I don't see the auras). 🙄 So I guess I'll assume it is working as intended until stated otherwise by my players. Thanks for your time! I still learned something about the control-L functionality. 👍🏻