Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to trigger viewing dynamic lighting as a player on Safari for iPad?

Hi all, I really like how well it works in general for me to log on to my game via Safari on my iPad. The one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to trigger viewing dynamic lighting as one of the players. On the computer, that is the Control-L keyboard shortcut. But the virtual keyboard on the iPad doesn't have a Control key. Does anyone have any workaround to that problem? If not, is there already a suggestion topic to make that one of the right-click menu options for tokens?  If not, I may have to create it. 😊 Thank you you for your time!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately, all I could recommend is a wireless keyboard (which I use all the time, anyway, because I hate the virtual keyboard and how much space it takes up)....
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Do you have a CMD button on the iPad? Cause it's be cmd-l for Mac's.
Thanks Finderski, I know a Bluetooth keyboard would certainly work well, but I don't use one.  Scott, no, unfortunately no Command button either. Strangely, unless I am having a brain hiccup, I find I need to use Control-L despite it being on a Mac. That might be because Safari intercepts Command-L as one of its own shortcuts. Similarly, I can't use Command-O to switch to the object layer, as that is the system-wide command for Open.  Fortunately, not having a token selected and pressing the Move Token to Object Layer keys works for that.  I don't game on my iPad, just do setup when I'm not in front of my computer, so this isn't an urgent problem, I was just hoping someone would have an easy solution.  Anyone else think it would would be a useful right-click menu option?  Or just me? Thanks!