Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I have a jpg map onto which I'd like to program informational popups

I have an informational small scale map for my players.  Rather than clutter it with text, I was wondering if there was a mechanic on the site through which I could program text popups on hexes of the map.  If so, can you explain this simply to a site noob?

Edited 1485832660
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you mean like hover tooltips, no there isn't a way to do that. You could do some macro fanciness to approximate it though. @{target|bar1} you'd make a transparent token that would be placed at each place you want a tooltip. Put the tooltip info in bar one, and then make a global macro with the above.
Interesting.  I'll give the invisible token trick a try.  I could create the individual villages on the map as characters and assign them biographies with the village information, I suppose.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The token doesn't have to be invisible, just has to be on the object layer if you had an image that you wanted them to see or to denote an area that has notes. You also have six places to store info (each bar has a value and a max value accessed by @{target|bar#|max}.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Instead of putting info in bar1 and making your players understand the syntax for accessing it, you could link the token to a character, and given that character an ability that's set as a tokenaction. When the token is selected, the player will get a button in the top-left corner of their screen which they can click.