Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] psIsoFacing and flashlight (early access beta)

Edited 1485909742
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's a script I'm working on. It points isometric tokens in the direction of travel, so players don't have to move backwards anymore. (Ordinarily, regular players don't have access to fliph, so the GM had to do it for them.) As a bonus, turning on the yellow status marker will provide the token with a directional flashlight. It's early beta, so you might come across some bugs. See the video Get the script from the Gist This will be part 3 of the growing psIsometricSuite, designed to make your games look and feel more like tabletop. LightCrumb, psTileResizer, psIsoFacing <a href="https://gist.github.com/plexsoup" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/plexsoup</a> PS: if you're having trouble finding isometric tokens,&nbsp; try these artists . Let me know if anyone should be added to that list.
Cant say I want to switch to isometric tokens anytime soon but brilliant presentation and music choice in your vid!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nice! &nbsp;I assume the Iso aspect is the rotation of the light going in 60° increments?

Edited 1485892830
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh, no. The isometric aspect is the fact that the character token doesn't rotate. We use fliph to point them in the right direction. The torch has to rotate independently. The torch can point any direction, not just in 60 degree increments. It's is my solution to&nbsp; this old problem I suppose it'd work for top-down tokens too, although I can't imagine why anyone would play in top-down mode :p