Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

All my characters just disappeared.

Hello. I was just using Transmogrifier to copy a few characters from one campaign to another and all the characters disappears from the destination campaign. Is this a site-wide issue, or did something break on my campaign?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Robert D. To get a better idea of what's going on, could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
That didn't fix anything. I've tried this in both Firefox and Chrome. I was using Chrome 56.0.2924.76 (64-bit) when the problem occured. To see the problem currently, open Friday Star Wars New Sheet campaign Open up the Characters Subfolder. You'll find nothing in an subfolder. They used to have hundreds of characters and vehicles in them. When the problem occurred, I had the transmogrifier open. I was copying characters over from my Saturday Star Wars campaign. Those are the characters you see that are outside of that Characters folder. When I finished looking at the new characters, I opened the subfolders to look for one of the characters I'd copied over that was missing and I found that all of the preexisting characters were now missing. I believe two characters I copied over are missing too, but I might just have not copied them. I was using Windows 7 Enterprise. I've test on my home Windows 10 machine as well. My work machine has Kapersky and my home system Malware Bytes for malware software. I have disabled all add one and extensions for testing. At the time, I had Acrobat, Cisco WebEx, Cool Clock, Easy Auto Refresh, Eyedropper Full Page Screen Capture, Google Docs Offline, Grammarly, HangoutSnitch AntiMute, LastPass, SuperSorter, and Web Server Notifier running. I've refreshed since the problem, so I don't know if the console log is valid, but here it is:
How do I include the log? It's 3200 lines long?

Edited 1485992746
I just had this same issue happen to me BEWARE!! FOLKS Now scrambling to fixed all the NPCs and the character before the game :P
How are you fixing? Do you have a backup? Also, what character sheet are you using? Just checking if we're using the same. I'm using the FFG Star Wars Sheet and Dice Roller.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Robert D. said: How do I include the log? It's 3200 lines long? Please feel free to post it directly within this thread. If you're having difficulty doing so, please try using pastebin or a similar service.
D&D 5e Shaped  I am remaking everything sadly this did not happen till I used the transmog to move my AE templates.
Recreating the issue is easy go into a game with character sheets and transmog something into the game and BOOM bye bye character sheets.
Here you go. <a href="http://pastebin.com/ch85cLmF" rel="nofollow">http://pastebin.com/ch85cLmF</a> Although it sounds like it's a site-wide issue from John there.
Hopefully, you can restore me from backup and I only lose a day's work.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Thank you for the Console Log. The Dev Team has been notified of your reports.
Do they keep backups they can restore? I have a game coming up, people are driving a long way for it, and I'm afraid even with a restore I'm going to run out of prep time now.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Is this occurring with games on the Dev or Production Server? I ran a test with the 5E OGL Sheet and didn't see the issue on Production, so it may be isolated to certain sheets or certain servers. Are you seeing this issue with character journals only or are pages and handouts also getting deleted?
Production. Only the character sheets, I have handouts and pages seem unaffected, but I didn't copy any of them, so I don't know if it's restricted to what I've copied. The stuff I transmogrified in that session seems to have mostly come over, but the first two might have been lost, because there are two bad guys I'm pretty sure I copied that aren't there. Those were probably the first two I copied.
I just tested and it doesn't seem to be happening now. Maybe there was a momentary glitch, when me and John experienced it? Those happened at the same time. Anyway, is a restore possible?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Robert, please make a copy of your game. Let me know when this is done and I will roll back your game to this morning.

Edited 1485998175
Gid
Roll20 Team
So that I have your process straight: You were using the Transmogrifier to transfer characters using the Star Wars FFG sheet. Once the characters were transferred, any other characters you had in your current game (the game you were transferring characters to) were deleted? Or was it the characters in the game you were transferring from that were deleted? Did you encounter this issue shortly before writing this bug report or was it earlier on today? We ran some updates earlier so if we can get a general idea of when this issue can happen, we may be able to track when your Transmogrifier issue and possibly an update that went up. John, when abouts did you encounter your issue? And do&nbsp;you require a rollback too?
Steve K, I made a copy. The original game was Friday Star Wars New Sheet. The backup is Friday Star Wars. You can restore into either, just tell me which, I wanted to rename to just Friday Star Wars anyway. Kristin C., You were right the first time. I was in the Friday game, copying from another game. Using Transmogrifier. After, the new characters were there, but the the preexisting ones, the ones that I'd been working with just minutes before, were gone. From the time stamp, it couldn't have happened more than ten minutes before I made the original post. Maybe five.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Your game should be rolled back. Let me know if you're still having any issues.
Steve can you rolled back my copy as well Princes of the Apocalypse Copy
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
John said: Steve can you rolled back my copy as well Princes of the Apocalypse Copy If it's a fresh copy, there isn't any data for the game to roll back to. If you want me to roll back the original I can.
Thanks, Steve! You've saved Friday. :)
Please if you can
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
John said: Please if you can I rolled back your game as well.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Robert D. said: Thanks, Steve! You've saved Friday. :) Happy rolling!