Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Disclaimer on the Compendium Page

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nearly every day it seems like there is a new post where a user cannot find a particular spell, class option, monster or magic item. Naturally this is because WotC has decided to only release a subset of their rule system in the SRD, which is the source of the Compendium. This is pointed out quickly to the confused user, but it seems like a lot of wasted effort. Could wording be added to the Compendium home page, and when the Compendium tab is first accessed in a session, to explain the situation? It seems like it would save a lot of frustration all round.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
For now, we do have this .

Edited 1485994208
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: For now, we do have this . Seems like it belongs&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/BookIndex" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/BookIndex</a> The type of people reporting this issue are typically not the type of people who will find and read a wiki.

Edited 1485999949
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Exactly so. That's why I suggested the places I did. Even if there were just a link there that leads to the wiki with text like " Does something seem to be missing? ", it could cut down of a lot of repetitive answers.
A good idea. I would also include it on the "no results" page returned from a Compendium search.

Edited 1486045443
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulias said: A good idea. I would also include it on the "no results" page returned from a Compendium search. That's brilliant. Great place for it.