Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Short Notice one-shot games

Hi all, I'm a fairly experienced (by this stage) 5e DM who wants to run more games. However, I have a son who is currently quite ill which makes scheduling games too far into the future quite challenging as I run the risk of having to cancel at short notice.&nbsp; What I'm looking to gauge is whether there is an interest for short notice (and by that I mean possibly even on the day of play or just the day before) one-shot games set in the same homebrew world. What I'm doing at the moment is inviting people to join the facebook group I've set up for this so that I can keep you posted on when I'll run games. I'm working on the assumption that there must be as many players who (like me) have trouble committing to something long term or regular. Re the Facebook group - I know Roll20 already has a mechanism for recruiting for games but I want to have a direct channel of communication to the player base then pick say 5 players who I'd then issue the game link to. The group can be found at:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/1906288529617673/" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/groups/1906288529617673/</a> I look forward to playing with you all. Mark
I would like to be one of those players you can call on short notice, but I don't have a facebook account, so maybe you could PM here on roll20? Also, I would need to use only text. I have headphones and could play with others using voice if you are OK with me only writting.
Hi. Sorry, but the reason I'm opting for Facebook group is so that I don't have to communicate across multiple mediums (I use Facebook for co-ordinating my main campaign and it really is effective). I also only want to play voice games in the short term I'm afraid as text is too slow for the one-shot approach I plan to take. Thanks for your interest though and do let me know if your situation changes.
I understand. Have me in mind anyway in case you find yourself with only 1 or 2 players for a game and text would not be too much of a hassle for that game :)