Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

2/2/2017 Roll20 Update Bug Issues

Edited 1486068791
Gid
Roll20 Team
Here's a place to to report any issues from the  2/2/2017 Platform Update (Game Settings, Setting Applier, Addons, Pro User Rollbacks, and WebRTC Mic Input Indicator)

Edited 1486134669
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Can we please get a way to disable that horrible blue animated line? Pretty please??! Nevermind, it was doable in Stylish.

Edited 1486158280
I added the random chapters addon, it deleted everything on each of my pages, even the archived ones. Game is in an hour. *Screaming Internally* Tested on a second game without any scripts, can confirm this is a consistent issue, and not related to any API scripts.
Gid
Roll20 Team
zenlon said: I added the random chapters addon, it deleted everything on each of my pages, even the archived ones. Game is in an hour. *Screaming Internally* Tested on a second game without any scripts, can confirm this is a consistent issue, and not related to any API scripts. I'll look into that, Zenlon. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Since you're a Pro user, you have access to the Rollback feature to pop you back to this morning's save state.
Kristin C. said: zenlon said: I added the random chapters addon, it deleted everything on each of my pages, even the archived ones. Game is in an hour. *Screaming Internally* Tested on a second game without any scripts, can confirm this is a consistent issue, and not related to any API scripts. I'll look into that, Zenlon. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Since you're a Pro user, you have access to the Rollback feature to pop you back to this morning's save state. Did that, thanks. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
zenlon said: Kristin C. said: zenlon said: I added the random chapters addon, it deleted everything on each of my pages, even the archived ones. Game is in an hour. *Screaming Internally* Tested on a second game without any scripts, can confirm this is a consistent issue, and not related to any API scripts. I'll look into that, Zenlon. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Since you're a Pro user, you have access to the Rollback feature to pop you back to this morning's save state. Did that, thanks.  You mind telling me the name of the game you were running that had the addon issue, Zenlon? That way we can scan through it to see if there's something specific that may have caused the overwrite issue.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet.json "useroptions" that can change attributes on a character sheet seem to not be possible to use with Game Default Settings while using custom sheets. Is that the case? Many Pro players use custom sheets to stay up to date with the latest character sheet so they will miss a vital aspect of the sheet. Is there a way to make the "useroptions" part of game default settings work with custom sheets, or is this functionality missing?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: The sheet.json "useroptions" that can change attributes on a character sheet seem to not be possible to use with Game Default Settings while using custom sheets. Is that the case? Many Pro players use custom sheets to stay up to date with the latest character sheet so they will miss a vital aspect of the sheet. Is there a way to make the "useroptions" part of game default settings work with custom sheets, or is this functionality missing? Yeah, this is kind of essential. Given the slow turnaround on "official" sheet releases from the drop-down, not being able to test this functionality with a custom sheet is going to be extremely problematic. I guess it's ok for the OGL sheet where you guys have internal access to be able to test things, but for community sheets that's just not available which makes the feature pretty hard to take advantage of...

Edited 1486225839
Using an SKT campaign I created  and Roll20 OGL 5e sheets I have these issues with Defaults. I change and save "Default sheet settings", reports as sucessfuly saved, yet the saves are lost as when I next go into the settings. I change and save the Game Default Settings yet new tokens created by drag and drop from compendium do not use the options I have set. There is no Apply Default Settings option under Experimental, or was not until retested while writing this.  Tested the option to reset all the values in the second list - which did nothing. Note: The thing I would most want to change - remove "has sight" - is not an option to change under "Apply default settings".
I see "Enable/Disable Token Has Sight" as the very last checkbox in the Apply Default Settings window, just after "Light Radius". Did you scroll all the way down?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Jim W. said: Using an SKT campaign I created  and Roll20 OGL 5e sheets I have these issues with Defaults. I change and save "Default sheet settings", reports as sucessfuly saved, yet the saves are lost as when I next go into the settings. I change and save the Game Default Settings yet new tokens created by drag and drop from compendium do not use the options I have set. There is no Apply Default Settings option under Experimental, or was not until retested while writing this.  Tested the option to reset all the values in the second list - which did nothing. Note: The thing I would most want to change - remove "has sight" - is not an option to change under "Apply default settings". It sounds like some of our UI isn't appearing on your client as it should, Jim. You might want check the following to make sure there isn't something simple gumming up the process: Please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
Kristin C. said: zenlon said: Kristin C. said: zenlon said: I added the random chapters addon, it deleted everything on each of my pages, even the archived ones. Game is in an hour. *Screaming Internally* Tested on a second game without any scripts, can confirm this is a consistent issue, and not related to any API scripts. I'll look into that, Zenlon. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Since you're a Pro user, you have access to the Rollback feature to pop you back to this morning's save state. Did that, thanks.  You mind telling me the name of the game you were running that had the addon issue, Zenlon? That way we can scan through it to see if there's something specific that may have caused the overwrite issue. DND 5 GM'd by zenlon I rolled it back to the morning before I did it, and I tested it on a new game that only had volos, same effect. Perhaps related to Volos?

Edited 1486236798
Gid
Roll20 Team
If you hold onto that test game, I can have one of the coders look at it next week to see if they can identify what's going on. Edit: I was able to reproduce this issue with the Volo's Bundle and the Random Chapters Addon. So I have an example in-house to tear apart.
Minor bug. When making dicerolls, rolls using the < sign no longer show what the target number was. Rolls using > still seems to work normally. Tested in a few games, same problem. The roll itself parses correctly on if it's a success or failure but the target number itself vanishes. Would appreciate a fix as a few games rely on us knowing what the TN was.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Shorlixa said: Minor bug. When making dicerolls, rolls using the < sign no longer show what the target number was. Rolls using > still seems to work normally. Tested in a few games, same problem. The roll itself parses correctly on if it's a success or failure but the target number itself vanishes. Would appreciate a fix as a few games rely on us knowing what the TN was. We're aware of that bug. It started occurring after a recent patch fix within the past week or two. It wasn't due to this particular content update, (people were reporting it prior), but it was with something we did push to the server. We have a ticket made to squash it. Thank you for reporting it all the same.

Edited 1486415439
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Shorlixa said: Minor bug. When making dicerolls, rolls using the < sign no longer show what the target number was. Rolls using > still seems to work normally. Tested in a few games, same problem. The roll itself parses correctly on if it's a success or failure but the target number itself vanishes. Would appreciate a fix as a few games rely on us knowing what the TN was. We have the same issue as above  But after a while we developed a worse issue our chat is broken, no messages or rolls/macros are posting to the chat window anymore. I was testing some scripts, so it might be the script that broke the chat window in our game. Very strange after going out 3 times and relogging in it seems to have come right again.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: The sheet.json "useroptions" that can change attributes on a character sheet seem to not be possible to use with Game Default Settings while using custom sheets. Is that the case? Many Pro players use custom sheets to stay up to date with the latest character sheet so they will miss a vital aspect of the sheet. Is there a way to make the "useroptions" part of game default settings work with custom sheets, or is this functionality missing? I was directed to post this here from  Game Default Settings do not work with custom sheets? , but it seems this thread is more about current bugs. If there is a better place to address the issue please point me. Is this functionality not available? Will it be available for pro users using custom sheets?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Kryx said: Kryx said: The sheet.json "useroptions" that can change attributes on a character sheet seem to not be possible to use with Game Default Settings while using custom sheets. Is that the case? Many Pro players use custom sheets to stay up to date with the latest character sheet so they will miss a vital aspect of the sheet. Is there a way to make the "useroptions" part of game default settings work with custom sheets, or is this functionality missing? I was directed to post this here from  Game Default Settings do not work with custom sheets? , but it seems this thread is more about current bugs. If there is a better place to address the issue please point me. Is this functionality not available? Will it be available for pro users using custom sheets? +1 I'm really interested in this, too...
Finderski said: Kryx said: Kryx said: The sheet.json "useroptions" that can change attributes on a character sheet seem to not be possible to use with Game Default Settings while using custom sheets. Is that the case? Many Pro players use custom sheets to stay up to date with the latest character sheet so they will miss a vital aspect of the sheet. Is there a way to make the "useroptions" part of game default settings work with custom sheets, or is this functionality missing? I was directed to post this here from  Game Default Settings do not work with custom sheets? , but it seems this thread is more about current bugs. If there is a better place to address the issue please point me. Is this functionality not available? Will it be available for pro users using custom sheets? +1 I'm really interested in this, too... QFE
Gid
Roll20 Team
Kryx said: Kryx said: The sheet.json "useroptions" that can change attributes on a character sheet seem to not be possible to use with Game Default Settings while using custom sheets. Is that the case? Many Pro players use custom sheets to stay up to date with the latest character sheet so they will miss a vital aspect of the sheet. Is there a way to make the "useroptions" part of game default settings work with custom sheets, or is this functionality missing? I was directed to post this here from  Game Default Settings do not work with custom sheets? , but it seems this thread is more about current bugs. If there is a better place to address the issue please point me. Is this functionality not available? Will it be available for pro users using custom sheets? After discussing this with the other coders, we see why this would be wanted/needed for the purposes of sheet testing. We got a ticket in place now to look into what is needed for custom sheet support. It's going to take some time to develop to implement that fully. Its definitely something we want to get done, just not something we can get done immediately.

Edited 1486582632
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kristin C. said: After discussing this with the other coders, we see why this would be wanted/needed for the purposes of sheet testing. We got a ticket in place now to look into what is needed for custom sheet support. It's going to take some time to develop to implement that fully. Its definitely something we want to get done, just not something we can get done immediately. Thanks for the response and fully understood on the timeframe. I look forward to it being delivered. Until such a time I'll advise people using custom sheets to wait until the custom and the live sheet are in sync to avoid using a lower level version if possible. Thanks
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Kryx said: Kristin C. said: After discussing this with the other coders, we see why this would be wanted/needed for the purposes of sheet testing. We got a ticket in place now to look into what is needed for custom sheet support. It's going to take some time to develop to implement that fully. Its definitely something we want to get done, just not something we can get done immediately. Thanks for the response and fully understood on the timeframe. I look forward to it being delivered. Until such a time I'll advise people using custom sheets to wait until the custom and the live sheet are in sync to avoid using a lower level version if possible. Thanks Agreed! Awesome news. :)
Repost from Pro Forum: We're noticing a more and more common issue on our weekly games. While in the past we could go a whole game without losing music, now Roll20 jukebox will drop for one or more players over time. The tricky part is it seems to happen random, so every 30 minutes or so someone asks, "hey can you guys hear the music?" As the GM, simply stopping and starting the music again won't help. The only solution seems to be for each affected player to reboot their browser window and reload Roll20. We're a fairly tech savvy group of devs and designers, so we've tried disabling plug-ins, various browsers, etc. Is this being looked into or worked on? I understand that console logs would help. I'll capture some next game. Thanks.
The jukebox stopping has been reported many times. This seems to be the preferred consolidated thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4436683/jukebox-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4436683/jukebox-</a>... There has been no resolution as of yet.