Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Macro] Sequencing in API Command Buttons and Macros

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I'm trying to basically do an automated trap setup. Below is a low detail layout of the thing, most of it is working fine, it's just the Attack section that is doing something a little irritating.  It asks for @{target|token_name} when you first trigger the API Command Buttons, which would mean that the whole thing is "locked in" so you can't use the Attack button to target multiple Players (i.e. if everyone in the area is supposed to get an attack from the trap).  Any hints/guidance? /w gm [Description](!
 insert blurb here)[Info](!
/w gm details in a roll template here)[Attack](!
/w gm &{template:DND35StdRoll}{{basicflag=true }} {{name= Spear Trap }} {{subtags= A grid of spears attacks @{target|token_name} }} {{ ... stuff that is working just fine }})
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
You can insert multiple target calls into a macro, just label them like this: @{target|Target1|token_name} @{target|Target2|token_name} @{target|Target3|token_name} @{target|Target4|token_name}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Did you replace the @ sign its HTML entity ?

Edited 1486775072
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Silvyre, That gets me a dysfunction. **Note: Let me check something. The token may not have a name. Franky, Yeah but it will crash if I don't fill the targets. The target token had no name. The HTML entity version was working and returning an empty name.