Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Question] Does this exist?

Edited 1486775885
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I assume The Aaron has done something like this in the past, but what I'm hoping to do is... 1) Find all the tokens on the Token Layer with a given name. 2) Amend their names so each gets a different random number The idea being that if I have a bunch of Insert Mooks here, I want people to be able to identify them apart easily (mostly for the GM), I want to disguise the number of enemies (i.e. make it harder for the players to metagame and say 'Oh I see Goblin 7, so there must be 6 others somewhere!'), and I can do it by hand but you know... APIs...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
TokenNameNumber does that as you drag them in. I can write you something to retroactively apply it. 
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
That's okay, now I know something that will do it, I can toss the API in now and then drop the mooks in.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup, you just need to name the default token with %%NUMBERED%% in the name for where you want the number to appear. &nbsp;Here's the original discussion:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1273423/script-tokennamenumber-automatic-numbering-of-qualifying-tokens/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1273423/script-tokennamenumber-automatic-numbering-of-qualifying-tokens/?pagenum=1</a>
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
And the nice thing is you can have it randomly skip numbers in the sequence.&nbsp; It can be satisfying to hear the responses the first time the PCs see Orc 452 :)
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
GenKitty said: And the nice thing is you can have it randomly skip numbers in the sequence.&nbsp; It can be satisfying to hear the responses the first time the PCs see Orc 452 :) Yeah... I'm liking the idea of "Skeleton 47", "Zombie 123", "Kobold 78". Then I do have a soft spot for Kobolds. &nbsp;While being such a low CR monster on their own, a good army of the little bastardos results in the kind of frustrating obstacle course of Reflex Saves, reduced movement, party members hanging upside down, people tripped over, and that's without the silliness you can get up to with Thunderstones, Acid Vials, Alchemist Fire and Sunrods...