Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What happened to all the Pathfinder Games?

They used to be so commonly advertised on here, now it's all 5e (which I've tried, and honestly, I still like Pathfinder a lot better).  Has 5e taken over the world?
Gold
Forum Champion
The latest Orr Group Industry Report of games and gamers on Roll20 may provide some insight to this question, <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/156907010215/the-orr-g" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/156907010215/the-orr-g</a>...
Hmmm, yup, that does indeed answer that. &nbsp;RIP Pathfinder.
I play RuneQuest which commands 0.5% of the player base. When Pathfinder has over 30% of the total, I look forward to my game working itself up to a death like that.
Are you kidding? Use the mouse wheel button? lol
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Bilharzia said: I play RuneQuest which commands 0.5% of the player base. When Pathfinder has over 30% of the total, I look forward to my game working itself up to a death like that. He he he he. I've played a game suffering that kind of existence. Not a Roll20 one, but a CCG.
Systems I play: Savage Worlds: 1,25 % / 3,43 % Fate: 1,06 % / 3,95 % Fiasco: 0,11 % / 1,32 % Fall of Magic: not even listed VS your Pathfinder: 15,63 % 31,69 %
Hey I used to play Runequest when it was just a single soft-cover book back in the 80s. &nbsp;I loved that game. &nbsp;I STILL use some of the concepts from that game in my homebrews. &nbsp; I understand your point, I'm just moaning that my favorite game is no longer #1, that's all. &nbsp;:)
I don't know if the number of PF players and games has gone down, or whether there's been enough of an increase in D&D 5 to just overtake PF, so the actual number of PF games may not have decreased at all. From what I can see D&D5e has been part of an explosion in visibility and popularity of RPGs so overall Paizo and PF may have benefited, only from what I've read and seen, I don't play any flavour of D&D of which PF is one. As far as RQ goes I now play Mythras on roll20 as the RQ6 character sheet still works. From what I know of some of the authors of various version of D&D, the influence of RQ got felt at least a little in even the official D&D rules. RQ has a rep for complexity but I blanch looking at some of the PF rules, playing it must seem like sitting under the apex of an inverted pyramid, learning RQ is more like Enemy at the Gates, huge attrition but if you survive you'll be wiser. Mixed metaphors, don't use them.