Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with Shaped v9.0.0

Heyas, My setup - LMoP with some edits, default chars converted to Shaped v9, Shaped Companion installed. Sheets were working fine, used Companion to generate token macros, all workee. Until today. I changed the name of one of the characters from 'Human Fighter (Noble)' to 'Human Fighter'. Now, the macros on the Shaped Sheet (blue buttons) work fine, but * ALL * the token macros made by the Shaped Companion are broken. No problem, I says... I'll just re-create them. Nope, still borked. Used !shaped-abilities --DELETE to remove all of them, then recreated. Nope, still errors.  Note, only the two characters I renamed are broken, the others are still fine... until a player decides his character should have a better name than 'Dwarf Cleric'. Chat outputs: Adding the macro: (From ):Shaped Scripts Ability Creation Configured the following abilities for character Human Fighter: Ability Checks Click the macro button: No ability was found for %{Human Fighter|Ability Checks} DM (GM): Human Fighter|Ability Checks Note that the macro *is* using the new character name, but the stats have gone missing. Again, the Ability Checks Query blue macro button *on* the character sheets still works fine. Contents of the macro in question: %{Human Fighter|shaped_ability_checks_query} TL;DR Changing the character's name appears to have borked the Shaped Companion token macros for that character. Regenerating the macros does not fix. Please send help.
Also - Kryx, I can add you to my game as a GM if you want to see this. PM me.
Have you also updated the shaped companion script to the latest version? The new companion script has v 9.0 specific changes to make it work with it. Look for version 5+ in the thread or github as the one-click script is outdated.
Thanks for responding, Brother Sharp I installed it about a week ago, same day as Kryx announced the v9.0.0 sheet. Git says the last commit was about the same time, so I just updated it to the 5.1.0 from Github. Will see if that fixed anything and post back.
No joy, same thing. This is seriously bumming me out. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd definitely recommend against renaming characters. When I rename them I typically manually change the "Abilities" on "Attributes & Abilities" - I edit them and ensure the %{NAME|MACRO} macros have the correct name. I'd suggest wiping the creatures and reimporting. You can rename them on import: !shaped-monster --zombie --as Big Zombie
Thanks for the reply, Kryx. These are not creatures however, they're player characters. Specifically, the ones that come with LMoP. They have names set to things like "Human Fighter (Noble)" for example, so the player can rename them to whatever they want the name to be.  I renamed the above character to "Human Fighter", token macros broke. The macro call has the right name in it.. here's the character's init macro  example made from Shaped Companion: %{Human Fighter|shaped_initiative} As you can see the name is correct. The error says "No ability was found for %{Human Fighter|Init}", as if the system can't find the Init ability on the Shaped Sheet.  I hope you are not telling me that you cannot edit a character's name without (permanently?) breaking token macros...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
%{Human Fighter|Init} is not an ability call, that is a macro. The changes should not be permanent, no. Send me an invite.
Resolved: Kryx is amazing!  You can't have two characters with the same name. I renamed both the default fighters to "Human Fighter" and that caused the problem. Renamed one of them and it's fixed. Kryx, THANK YOU!
So are we good with renaming characters (both PC and NPC)? With the caveat, "You can't have two characters with the same name."? Because, if renaming characters breaks token macros, this is a HUGE ISSUE!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Renaming does not break anything on the sheet. Token macros are based on name and if you rename your character or have two characters with the same name you'll have issues.

Edited 1486920014
I realize it is not an issue with the sheet but with the script, but why couldn't it be based on the token selected @{selected...}? (not sure of the syntax) On a good note, I now know why some of the player's macros were not working last game - they changed their character name.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Doesn't sound like an issue with script or sheet from what I understand, but a necessary way that Roll20 works. Regardless of token, they refer to a character in the database for your game. Two characters identically named would confuse it.
The companion script is what creates the token macros. I just tested the following edit of a token macro and it works. You can change the name of the character and the token macro does not break; %{@{selected|character_name}|shaped_initiative}
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Selected is not used because it requires the token to be selected. The macros can be used from elsewhere - for example the "Attributes & Abilities" page.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Doesn't sound like an issue with script or sheet from what I understand, but a necessary way that Roll20 works. Regardless of token, they refer to a character in the database for your game. Two characters identically named would confuse it. Which is why we really need to be able to refer to abilities and attributes via character id, instead of name. Some day...

Edited 1486923572
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: Which is why we really need to be able to refer to abilities and attributes via character id, instead of name. Some day... You can get a character id, it's just a bit troublesome. I bet Lucian could do it - perhaps open an issue for him on his tracker? EDIT: Seems he can:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects#Working_with_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects#Working_with_Character_Sheets</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Doug E. said: The companion script is what creates the token macros. I just tested the following edit of a token macro and it works. You can change the name of the character and the token macro does not break; %{@{selected|character_name}|shaped_initiative} Did you test it with two existing characters of the same name? That's the problem from what I have gleaned. Double characters, not changing the name. Jakob has the ultimate solution.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Jakob said: Which is why we really need to be able to refer to abilities and attributes via character id, instead of name. Some day... You can get a character id, it's just a bit troublesome. I bet Lucian could do it - perhaps open an issue for him on his tracker? EDIT: Seems he can:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects#Working_with_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects#Working_with_Character_Sheets</a> You can GET a character id by @{character_id}, that's not a problem ... but the Roll20 engine cannot get attributes and abilities via charid, e.g. %{-ABC123|repeating_attack_-DEF456_attack}.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: the Roll20 engine cannot get attributes and abilities via charid, e.g. %{-ABC123|repeating_attack_-DEF456_attack}. Wow.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
A character_id already works as a keyword for Ability calls but not yet for Attribute calls.

Edited 1486939562
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: A character_id already works as a keyword for Ability calls but not yet for Attribute calls. I didn't know that! Maybe Lucian should adapt the script to put the id in the created abilities, then.. EDIT: Tested it, and it really works. I had only tried for attributes and had naïvely assumed it would be the same for abilities... . The script should really do it by character_id then, to make it safe for name change.
I am also having issues with 9.0 and &nbsp;with LMoP. &nbsp;I have found that many of the pre-made monsters and NPCs have abilities and attacks that just dont work in one way or another. Some will flat out give me errors others might roll attack but not damage. It definitely cast some minor set backs as I realized this mid game and had to come up with quick fixes or roll dice at my desk.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JulianSt said: I am also having issues with 9.0 and &nbsp;with LMoP. &nbsp;I have found that many of the pre-made monsters and NPCs have abilities and attacks that just dont work in one way or another. Some will flat out give me errors others might roll attack but not damage. It definitely cast some minor set backs as I realized this mid game and had to come up with quick fixes or roll dice at my desk.&nbsp; The best method to have this resolved is to post about the specific monsters and specific issues on my issue tracker. Please be specific if this is an issue converting from OGL (straight from LMoP) or converting from an old shaped sheet. I do have LMoP so I can test each specific case. 9.1.0 will modify the Regex a bit to account for the monster manual format so there will be improvement there, but that shouldn't affect LMoP.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: EDIT: Tested it, and it really works. I had only tried for attributes and had naïvely assumed it would be the same for abilities... . The script should really do it by character_id then, to make it safe for name change. Open an issue for him and I'm sure he'll look into it.

Edited 1486950183
Yes this is an up date from v.8 to 9. The Red Brand Ruffian is buggin out with Long sword attack. With the following message. and most other monster from Cultist on downs are not rolling damage.

Edited 1486950893
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm a bit skeptical as 9.0.0 was extensively tested and upgrades from 8 were especially robust. Did you by chance cancel the upgrade? That said maybe the original conversion went wrong. I'd suggest deleting the malfunctioning creatures, grabbing them from a clean lmop, and transmogrifying them to your current game. That'll give us a straight OGL to 9 process and ensure anything that was malformed is removed. If the issues persist with that then please see the first post of my Shaped bread for a link to report the specific creature that doesn't convert from lmop OGL to shaped 9.0.1.
Do I have to wait for the upgrade for each beast and NPC as its opened?&nbsp;

Edited 1486952604
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JulianSt said: Do I have to wait for the upgrade for each beast and NPC as its opened?&nbsp; Definitely. If you didn't then that would explain the above issue. You can have multiple run at the same time, but the sheet must stay open (as the sheet tells you with the upgrade notification).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JulianSt said: I have to go in and open them all individually and wait? Correct, roll20 has provided no method to run sheet workers (upgrades) on all sheets in the campaign.
Okay, I transmogrofied several of the monsters. There definitely seems like there was an issue with the upgrades of some of the sheets.&nbsp;
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Created <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/295" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/295</a> to change abilities to use ids instead of names.