Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[ChatSetAttr] [Jakob] charid is not defined.

All of the character macros in my game that use the ChatSetAttr function "!setattr --charid [character_id] ..." function no longer work. I can change them to using --sel and they work, but there are some macros that I want to be able to use without having to select the character. Has anyone else noticed this issue. I think it happened shortly after the sheet workers update. Here is the entire error being displayed ReferenceError: charid is not defined at _.each._.each._.chain.map._.chain.filter.charIDList (apiscript.js:3819:41) at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :65:16) at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1494:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, it's  a bug, sorry. The --charid option is broken - either use --name (which is less precise, sorry), or downgrade to 1.1.4, or manually upgrade from my Github. Roll20 hasn't accepted any pull requests for the one-click repo in 3 weeks, which is why the fix isn't online yet.
Thank you so much Jakob for responding. Regarding using --name, would I need to use "@{character_name}" for characters with spaces in their name or should the regular @{character_name} work fine?
In case anyone else is curious for the workaround Jakob suggested above.  !setattr --name @{character_name} ... works the same as my previous method !setattr --charid @{character_name} ...
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, using quotes would just confuse my parser! --name should work just the same unless your character name is not unique or contains a comma. In any case, roll20 just accepted the pull request, so starting some time tomorrow --charid should work normally again. 
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: Yes, using quotes would just confuse my parser! Sounds like a plug for  splitArgs =D