Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

To Front / To Back doesn't affect object name z-order for players...

On the GM view, the token names appear in the proper order (green hex outline was sent To Back, behind Hereford icon). This doesn't affect the order for the Player view at all. I am not sure what controls the order on the player view however, as nothing I did on the GM side changed anything on the player side.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I don't think I'm seeing this behavior, SkyCaptainXIII. Or maybe I'm not replicating the right set up. Are you passing these graphics between the GM layer to the Objects/Token layer? Could you list me the steps to recreate what you're seeing and are you seeing this happening on Chrome or Firefox (or both?).

Edited 1487626397
Both are on the Objects & Tokens layer. As the GM, I selected the green hex outline token and used To Back and then selected the town icon and used To Front. As the GM, I see the image on the left in my original post. When I re-join as a player, it shows up as the image on the right. The z-order for token/object is not being carried over from GM to Player view. Even if I give control of both tokens to players. The green hex is always on top of the town icon for me as a player regardless of what I do as a GM. This is on Chrome. Will test on Firefox here in a moment.
Same behaviour on Firefox. Logged in with my second account as a player just to make sure it wasn't an artifact of being logged in as a GM/Player in two windows with the same account. Tried setting to front/to back before and after adding player control to both the hex and the town. No change. The green hex is always on top for players for some reason. As the GM, the to front/to back settings are working properly.  Going to test this on the map layer now.
To Front / To Back works properly on the Map layer but not the Objects & Token layer.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I still can't get this to replicate on my end. Can you tell me the game and page you've got this example on so I can hop over to take a look at it?
The Dreadlands campaign and it is on page 0, 0.
Hrm weird. I tried to replicate this in another campaign and am unable to do so. Trying out different page settings... maybe it's a hex thing.
Grid style isn't the problem. It seems to be just that hex outline image. Other images worked just fine. Gonna try re-uploading it.
It seems to specifically be that green hex image. Guess I'll just have to re-make it or something. I really don't understand why that one image would be so troublesome.
Tested it some more by uploading images before and after each other. Seems that any image on the Objects & Token layer is always going to be on top if you have control of it, regardless of the actual z-order the GM intends. So here's my unfortunate solution... >_< ... consider this "bug" resolved.