Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] The Vestigo Marches (a West Marches campaign) officially kicking off!

We have a talented group of 4 DMs that have made a unique and challenging world for players of all types, new and old. &nbsp;What is this craziness you might ask? &nbsp;&nbsp; We are The Vestigo Marches, and we are trying to push the format of a new style of D&D that all of us really think might be fun. Current challenges with D&D and tabletop RPG's: &nbsp;1. finding players, 2. Finding regular times to play, 3. story drag and attrition&nbsp; This format aims to solve those by creating a world with just a couple of main rules. As the player, YOU decide what leads and content you want to explore As the player, YOU take the initiative to find a group of willing players from an established pool of willing RPG'ers - could be 10, could be 100! As the player, YOU make the game night, set the time, and inform the Vestigo Sages of the rumor you would like to explore. As the adventuring party, you assign a party scribe and document in the adventure log what was learned, what was discovered, make changes to a group map, and set the stage for the next adventuring party (assuming you all don't die and make it back to the main city of Viriskali) We encourage you to use our portal to find other gamers to adventure with. &nbsp;This will be using D&D 5e, and you will be exploring starting from the southernmost city of Viriskali. &nbsp;Everything SOUTH is completely undiscovered territory. &nbsp;Everything north has been discovered and will typically be your destination when your character retires. &nbsp;The unknown territory will be challenging, and filled with content by the 4 Sage DMs. &nbsp;An amazing world has already been thought up, we just need adventurers brave enough to roll a character, find a group, and dare to explore. Check it out! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69212/the-vestigo-marches" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69212/the-vestigo-marches</a>
People are starting to fill-in! &nbsp;Finding a game will end up going something like this: 1. I have off on Friday this week from work. &nbsp;I really want to explore the forgotten dungeon in Vestigo. &nbsp;Wonder if anyone wants to run with me. &nbsp; "Hey all, I heard that a group got to the Forgotten Dungeon on Vestigo but they had to retreat. &nbsp;I'd like to go explore that on Friday I have off. &nbsp;Who's with me?" 2. Three or 4 or 6 people respond. &nbsp;You cherry pick your party, set the time, confirm with the DM they have that slot open and you run it! 3. You update the adventure log of what you found, how you got there, and update the map. 4. Sit back, count your gold, and dig through the lootz once you make it back to the city :) - From our attorneys -&nbsp; Note - Not all experiences are similar. &nbsp;Not all dice rolls are guaranteed for success. &nbsp; (#4 is optional. &nbsp;There is a very good chance your hero will get impaled, taken hostage, dropped from great heights, burned, frozen, dissolved, electrocuted, starved, smothered, or teleported against their will to an unknown realm to die of starvation) Shiny loot is not guaranteed on every run. &nbsp;Value is subjective based on the homeless vendors that exist in the only city your hero will ever know.
A friend sent me a link to this right before it closed. Is there still slots for more? Also, I am a DM who is willing to DM some if you need more. I was going to make a campaign like this but since you already have one I figured I would volenteer my time there.&nbsp;