Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mongoose Traveller 1e and 2e sheets the same

Edited 1487293661
So all of a sudden the 1e sheet for Mongoose Traveller has become the 2e sheet. The problem with this is my players have now lost information that was in their sheets and the skills do not accurately represent the rules anymore.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you for reporting this, I'll let the other devs know.

Edited 1487295902
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Okay, tell me exactly what information has been lost.  And what rules it doesn't work fight.   Edit: I thought I was careful to use the same names, so this is not good.
Well the skills are supposed to have sections, like science should allow you to enter things like science(Physics, Astronomy, ect.). So all of the different skills like that have been lost. Most of my players reported equipment was lost which I verified.
Is there anything else that has been lost? The skill that were lost were from the "extra skills" section?  Just the repeating fields?
No besides the all of their gear removed and losing any actual skills that had specializations which covers about 15 main skills.
So they lost the skill specialization in the repeating field?  Okay.  Let me see if I can work some magic.  If I cannot, I will ask the Devs to try some magic (they have stronger fu than I).   I apologize for the issue.  
But I mean the issue here is not that your sheet isnt right, though I feel like that is a problem. I think the real problem is that someone decided to have 2 character sheets and then just make them both the same without the consent of those who might have been using them when there are clearly issues that have not been tested enough.
Also there are no skill specializations on the new sheet, so I dont really understand how anyone can think that this is appropriate. Like I said, there isnt 1 skill that requires specializations, it like 15. I dont see how this can be justified as a Mongoose Traveller sheet.
Justin D. said: I think the real problem is that someone decided to have 2 character sheets and then just make them both the same without the consent of those who might have been using them when there are clearly issues that have not been tested enough. That some one is me; I made the initial sheet, and have done the most recent update.  Its not suppose to be 2e, so if you seen something that is not 1e, let me know, and I will try to get it fixed as quickly as time allows. They were tested.  Quite a bit, and hung out in the forums a while before I pushed them to get hub.  The general response is that this was huge improvement with the "Quality of Life".  Not quite sure what that means, but it sounded good, so I pushed it forward. There are specializations listed . Look under where it says "Specialty". Any skill in the main book that was listed as having a specialty has a green button there. Click that button, and a repeating field is revealed, where you can put as many specializations as you want there. Here is the image of the skill alone: And here is the skill with the specialization button clicked. Will will see about fixing the inventory.  The end result with likely have two inventory boxes, but all the information will (hopefully) be listed. 
The main problem with the implementation is that this push has replaced 1e for the character sheets. 2e should be its own version of the sheet; but this merge overwrote the 1e set, even though you have the option to choose either.
The sheet I am working on it he 1e sheet.  There should be no 2e in this sheet.  There is a wholly separate 2e sheet, but this is not it. This merge was suppose to upgrade the 1e sheet.  If there are issues with it, let me.  I am working on the inventory and extra skills sections, cross referencing the code from the last merge with what I used.  I should have answers by the end of this weekend. 
The confusion comes from the available option of 1e/2e with the selection of the character sheet in the game creation option. The fact that this was a large change from the other sheet that was available in the previous iteration where it was working for campaigns creates issues with the sheet for players and dm's. This should have been a separate version as 2e and whatever 2e is now should be 3e. An option would be to keep this as is on the 2e branch, and roll back the 1e for now. It would cause less issues for people currently playing the game and be simpler for others creating new ones.
Not sure what the confusion is.  The Drop Down menu allows you to select the sheet for the first edition of the game, or the second edition of the game.  As far as I know, there is not a third edition of the game. There is only one sheet per edition of the game.  I do not maintain the 2e sheet, but did create the 1e sheet.  I sometimes make upgrades.  The latest upgrade was discussed in length,  here .  The main reason for the upgrade is because I have learned a lot more about how to make sheets since it was first made.  The upgrade was there to improve the quality of the game for everyone involved.  This appears not to be the case in your instance, and for that I apologize.   To be clear, this is a user made sheet.  Like the bulk of the sheets on Roll20, the Mongoose Traveller sheet was not created by the devs.  The few sheets created by the Devs are stunningly awesome, but for the most part, they spend their time making the whole of Roll20 more amazing.  

Edited 1487368849
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
There are some actual bugs with the 2E sheet though; namely I know of these: Electronics and Profession skill toggles toggled the wrong thing Endurance characteristic was not rollable Science skill was missing wrong math in "Other Skills" Section missing translation strings in power section. some specialization buttons were invisible, but still usable. The current fix can be found here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4514941/mongoose" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4514941/mongoose</a>... I'd like to emphasize again this fix is for 2E. Gear was also lost on 2E. However, 2E was one week old when I pushed the change, and then roll20 took almost 3 weeks to approve and merge the changes, so now we have had 4 weeks of a 2E sheet that some people started using and now lost the items from the sheet itself.
Pull request with 1e fixes. &nbsp;This should fix the extra skills and inventory stuff