Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e] Experience Calculator?

Edited 1487372776
Zym
Sheet Author
Is there any API scripts that auto calculate XP from a tokens bar set to XP. Step 1. Set Token Bar 3 to XP Step 2. Install API Step 3. Click Macro Step 4. Takes value from token bar 3 and other selected tokens and divides by input (query) number and outputs to chat box window in nice UI friendly display. I don't know much about APIs, I also apologise if this is in the wrong thread and I am certain its been brought up before. I've seen there is an  API here [link] but I don't use OGL sheets One things I am trying to work out is the path for XP using shaped script. !xp @{selected|shaped_xp}  ? ? ? ? I've tried  looking here [link] I am now stuck in the proverbial mud, so can anyone help?
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
just install the easy experience API from the dropdown list, and make a macro like this: !xp @{selected|npc_xp} or !xp @{selected|bar3}
Zym
Sheet Author
I tried  !xp @{selected|bar3} But it did not prompt any values or results. 

Edited 1487377910
The EasyExperience script can handle this by using the following macro after installing the script: !xp challenge @{selected|bar3} Remember you have to pass the "challenge" argument in order for it to add to the session tally. You then type !xp session to divide the session's XP up among the players that are listed as "active."

Edited 1487379262
You can use my API XP_tracker. &nbsp;First you select a each PC token and run "!XP_tracker --addtoken". &nbsp;This adds the PC to the XP Pool. &nbsp;Then you can select one or more npc token and run the "!XP_tracker --xpfromtoken". &nbsp;The API will divide the XP value of the selected tokens between the PC. &nbsp;It will update the PC sheet for you it also reports the XP added to the character and it they leveled up to both the chat log and a handout. &nbsp; Sample of the log: Meredith Forgeborn as received 334 experience points for a total of 26276. Keelin Nistan as received 334 experience points for a total of 28908. Ser Ut-Hal "Lowlander " Vathunalathi-Williams as received 334 experience points for a total of 30529. Kai Mere Xenops as received 334 experience points for a total of 29295. Krissy Krinkleton as received 334 experience points for a total of 34045. and has leveled up Tallow Forgeborn as received 334 experience points for a total of 36719. Here is the link to the forum post: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4447829/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4447829/</a> You can also run "!XP_tracker --list\" to show all of the members of the XP Pool. &nbsp;You can then removed them or add XP to just one of them.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jyro X said: The EasyExperience script can handle this by using the following macro after installing the script: !xp challenge @{selected|bar3} Remember you have to pass the "challenge" argument in order for it to add to the session tally. You then type !xp session to divide the session's XP up among the players that are listed as "active." Jyros got the right syntax for EasyExperience. Let me know if it gives you any trouble. I've got an update planned for it once I'm done with refactoring and adding folders to PageNavigator.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
I guess I should clarify. My advice was for the Experience Tracker API, not EasyExperience. Sorry!

Edited 1487414297
Zym
Sheet Author
So long as it works for shaped sheet 9. Then apart from being slightly confused by the instructions I should be alright. I just used&nbsp; API XP_tracker This works well I can see but I wouldn't really want XP added automatically to the sheets. However this is quite amazing, and I could think of a work around to keep this API. Its simple to use and works. Is there a way to have the XP total by session. I'd really like to be able to set a value to 0 at the start of every session which I can reset back to 0 by the end of the session. This way I can add the total to their adventurers league log sheet. The alternative is to take their base xp and subtract it from their new xp each session.&nbsp; What I am actually going to do is only set a mute character token to gain xp, i.e. a torch and then use that to calculate XP. I find it safer and in the long run easier. I can reset the XP every session.
Alexander said: This works well I can see but I wouldn't really want XP added automatically to the sheets. However this is quite amazing, and I could think of a work around to keep this API. Its simple to use and works. Is there a way to have the XP total by session. I'd really like to be able to set a value to 0 at the start of every session which I can reset back to 0 by the end of the session. This way I can add the total to their adventurers league log sheet. The alternative is to take their base xp and subtract it from their new xp each session.&nbsp; What I am actually going to do is only set a mute character token to gain xp, i.e. a torch and then use that to calculate XP. I find it safer and in the long run easier. I can reset the XP every session. This has been answered: Jyro X said: The EasyExperience script can handle this by using the following macro after installing the script: !xp challenge @{selected|bar3} Remember you have to pass the "challenge" argument in order for it to add to the session tally. You then type !xp session to divide the session's XP up among the players that are listed as "active." If you're still not sure how to accomplish what you're describing, I suggest reading the Wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:EasyExperience" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:EasyExperience</a>
My goal was to make the api simply so I am glad you thought that. &nbsp; I am still calling it beta because I was looking for ideas and those are good ones. &nbsp;I will look at adding options so you can save XP to a session varible for the party and/or a player. &nbsp;(I like having an option to give a player a bonus for a great idead or action). I can also add something to only report the new values and not update the character sheet directly. &nbsp; Thanks for the suggestins.&nbsp;

Edited 1487436245
Zym
Sheet Author
Being able to select a token and give individual XP would be a good feature. I may not use that feature myself (plus you can do that in the chat output box), but I can see it working with a macro set up for your API.